acorn squash

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

acorn squash

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:25 am

I have a question about feeding acorn squash. I grew it this year in the garden and it was a huge success! How should I feed it to Thor and Ember? Cooked or raw(shredded)? I have fed Thor butternut squash and I cooked it and mashed it up with other veggies and meat. Does it matter is raw more nutritious?
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:50 pm

I always just feed squashes raw and use a cheese grated to grate them up. Either is ok, but raw is more nutritious and less work than cooking so I just stick to that! :D
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Easier sounds good to me, Thanks!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:30 pm

i normally just put it through the chopper.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 195 guests