Cuddly lizard?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
blueygirl83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Cuddly lizard?

Postby blueygirl83 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Is anyone else's bluey particularly affectionate? Mine loves to snuggle in blankets with me, nuzzles under my chin, sits in my lap, on my shoulder...she's very cuddly and tolerant and just seems to love affection. I can rub under her chin, gently scratch on either side of her head or by her ears and she tilts her head... I can make her "dance" (hold the little arms up like a cat or dog, haha) and pretty much just torture her and she just doesn't seem to care! Is that just the way they are? It's too cute. She's wrapped up in a towel with her eyes closed on my lap as I write. Never thought I'd see a reptile act quite this way! :love:
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Phantom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:44 pm

Mine just kinda sits there and lets me pet him if you wanna call that affectionate. I would love to see some pics of her.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney
0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky
1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
blueygirl83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby blueygirl83 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm

I should take some of her with her little eyes closed...it's pathetically cute...
blueygirl83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby blueygirl83 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:05 pm

And it cracks me up because if I don't hold her consistently sometimes she gets cranky when I take her out...puffs up and sometimes even opens her mouth, acts all big and bad but the moment I get her to calm down, she melts like butta... I'm thinking of getting her one of those little skink blanket/sock warmer/sleeping bag things.
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Phantom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:10 pm

blueygirl83 wrote:And it cracks me up because if I don't hold her consistently sometimes she gets cranky when I take her out...puffs up and sometimes even opens her mouth, acts all big and bad but the moment I get her to calm down, she melts like butta... I'm thinking of getting her one of those little skink blanket/sock warmer/sleeping bag things.

Everyone that I have seen with them say that the skinks love them. They have so much personality.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney

1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 pm

Quigly can be quite cuddly also, maybe it's because they know they can trust you. I can imagine seeing as you're the one who took care of Quigs till I could bring him to his real home.

( Quigs says thanks foster mom) :wink:
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)

1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
Dex
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Dex » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:39 pm

What ???? sit down and cuddle when there's so much exploring to do !!! you gotta be joking, it's much more fun trying to see if he can squeeze himself between me and the cushions :lol:

I don't call him Tom the " tank " for nothing :roll: nose down and push lol
Dex and Tom
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Phantom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:57 pm

Dex wrote:What ???? sit down and cuddle when there's so much exploring to do !!! you gotta be joking, it's much more fun trying to see if he can squeeze himself between me and the cushions :lol:

I don't call him Tom the " tank " for nothing :roll: nose down and push lol

I have dogs and they would tear him up, so I can't let him explore. There are also so many places I could lose him
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney

1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
blueygirl83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby blueygirl83 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Haha, she likes to do her fair share of exploring, too, especially outside in the grass. She likes to get into cushions too, or inbetween the bed and the wall and then 'plop!' on the ground under the bed...she looked stunned then with a 'i'm never doing that again' traumatized look on her little lizard face.
Quigs was always a such a sweet little lizard! I took him out every day I worked...he was my little project, the highlight of my day! :blush:
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:09 pm

blueygirl83 wrote:Haha, she likes to do her fair share of exploring, too, especially outside in the grass. She likes to get into cushions too, or inbetween the bed and the wall and then 'plop!' on the ground under the bed...she looked stunned then with a 'i'm never doing that again' traumatized look on her little lizard face.
Quigs was always a such a sweet little lizard! I took him out every day I worked...he was my little project, the highlight of my day! :blush:

I thank you, he is my little sweetie and we all love him he gets the royal treatment, he will be soon moving to his new home (a 75 gal tank) this week.
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)

1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
mewzic-7123
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mewzic-7123 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:27 pm

seems like you have a very friendly skink, mine will sit motionless for hours when i take him out, but thats only when its me and him, when he sees other kids or people he runs towards them and trys climbing up their leg (WEIRD) also take some pics of the tank!
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby mom22wins » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Sammy likes to cuddle under anything! I put her in my lap and place anything over her (blanket, pillow, papertowel) and she stays there keeping warm and happy. :cloud9:

She'll crawl up on my chest under my chin and if I put my hand over her she'll stay because of the warmth, I imagine. Otherwise, she's climbing all over my shoulders and back being a Curious George.

I ordered her the Bluey Set with the blanket, sock and sleeping bag made of fleece. I can't wait to get it in the mail! 8) She will love it! :yes!:
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Jenn » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:52 am

Hopefully it'll be there tomorrow or monday!!!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
blueygirl83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby blueygirl83 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:53 am

I saw those and I thought, what an ingenius idea! They are just too cute and make so much sense! I'm going to order my little Pea one here real soon. She'd love it!
blueygirl83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby blueygirl83 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:03 am

I need to get a website going here and put it up...I do pet caricatures/art and stuff. Imagine a little skink caricature with the little skink smiles, blue tongues...cute!
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby mom22wins » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:54 am

Hopefully it'll be there tomorrow or monday!!!

YAY!! :ohyes: :banana:

Thanks Jenn! :D
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:51 am

blueygirl83 wrote:I need to get a website going here and put it up...I do pet caricatures/art and stuff. Imagine a little skink caricature with the little skink smiles, blue tongues...cute!

That's neat...

You have a SWEET looking Indonesian.....I wouldn't mind more pictures; the one's in your profile are excellent... ;)

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
blueygirl83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby blueygirl83 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:52 am

I need to post some new updated ones...she's growing! Finally charged the digital so I'll put em up here shortly. :D
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:43 am

blueygirl83 wrote:I need to post some new updated ones...she's growing! Finally charged the digital so I'll put em up here shortly. :D

Can't wait!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
shingleback aus
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby shingleback aus » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:47 am

my shingles love affection :D

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”