OMG OMG OMG
So Merauke Baby has arrived 8D I am still slightly unsure of what to call him. I have a list of like 5-6 names. He is healthy, has all his toes and is quite hissy right now, though he grudgingly let me pick him up to transfer him lol silly little boy.
I will have pictures soon, god he's sooooo tiny >w< and adorable, he's about 5 inches AT the MOST. He has gotten a drink and is now exploring. Everytime I walk near though he hisses lol, it's not scary at all only funny pfft.
NEW ARRIVAL 8D
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Andee
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 pm
- Country:
- Location: California
NEW ARRIVAL 8D
Merauke Male- 5 months- Chronos
-
Andee
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 pm
- Country:
- Location: California
Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D
He has eaten his first meal, and is still hissy every time I put my hand in the cage only I've only done that twice since I moved him into it. His name is Chronos for the titan he shall become ^^. I love him already, he is in his hide right now.
The basking temp stays at like 100-101 is that too powerful?
Pictures tomorrow morning ^^
The basking temp stays at like 100-101 is that too powerful?
Pictures tomorrow morning ^^
Merauke Male- 5 months- Chronos
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D
Congrats! I remember how great it felt to get my first Bluetongue.. euphoria!! Can't wait to see pictures.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
-
sacs4010
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 264
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:44 am
- Country:
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D
I am not sure about your new Merauke, but mine only hisses when he is annoyed. lol Mine never really gets scared, he just gets annoyed. They are a lot of fun. If his basking spot is at that temperature you should be good.
-
Andee
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 pm
- Country:
- Location: California
Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D
So Chronos is shedding I think. He's rubbing himself all over the corkbark in his enclosure and yawning a lot, walking funny etc. . The usual signs of shedding for most lizards I have had. Which could explain why he is so grumpy today and not interested in eating. Anyone have any idea how long shedding for a six week old usually takes?
And of course, PICTURES like I promised:



He was resting his head on a big clump of Eco Earth like a pillow lol XD
And of course, PICTURES like I promised:



He was resting his head on a big clump of Eco Earth like a pillow lol XD
Merauke Male- 5 months- Chronos
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 203 guests
