I bought a new hide

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

I bought a new hide

Postby Linnea » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:42 pm

but it doesnt fit. :(
Image


It was spring cleaning adventure this weekend.
Litchies tank was cleaned thoroughly, and he also got a new mountain (will post photo later). the house he usually has didnt fit anymore, so it was cleaned and given to pomme who really seems to be enjoying his new lookout!

Litchie is gaining weight! ill weight him on friday to know for certain how much he went up, but it is visibly good.

Pomme has turned into a super friendly and handleable lizard. he is very cuddly and understanding, and hasnt huffed for several weeks, and the past 3 weeks lifting him has been amazingly simple!
so i thought id give him an expensve looking hide and some treats. well, he isnt interested in food at all, and the hide is.....too small.
and i discovered 2 days ago he has a toe that looks very very swollen! :( its twice the size of the other toes, but not red or bleeding. thinking he twisted it on the ventilation...i can only hope it stays in place, but it has normal colour and he doesnt seem troubled letting me take a look at it.

he sleeps unhidden several times a week, as in, just buries his head in the substrate or sleeps behind the purple plastic tunnel. he hasnt shed since i got him in november.
but he is energetic and makes tunnels all afternoon no matter what happens, so i think at least he is happy.
do you think he enjoys the new hide? :(
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: I bought a new hide

Postby Linnea » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 pm

O_____________O oh my god

STARS?! FLOWERS?!

now i can die happy during the pollen season.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: I bought a new hide

Postby Katrina » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Linnea wrote:O_____________O oh my god

STARS?! FLOWERS?!

now i can die happy during the pollen season.


:lol: Hope you like the nickname! :D Thanks for everything.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: I bought a new hide

Postby Coomassie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:14 pm

I think he likes it. I have snakes that don't really fit in their hides but they prefer them over anything else I've provided so I just leave them in. I use cork log for all my skinks.
Cay T.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 307 guests