Just seeing if anyone from this forum is going to be attending the show. I am going on the 8th. This is one of the largest, if not the largest reptile show in the midwest.
http://www.narbc.com/pages/chicago.htm
NARBC TInley Park/Chicago Reptile Expo-October 8-9
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
-
Purra
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:12 am
- Country:
- Location: Indiana
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Awesome! Have you been to the Tinley show before? There has always been a few blueys at the show. Last year was the first time I missed in it in about 5 years. Your larger importers typically have adult W/C blueys available (LLL is the first that comes to my mind). But I have seen several babies available as well.
Good luck on your search! Hopefully it turns out to be a good show.
Good luck on your search! Hopefully it turns out to be a good show.
Brad
-
Purra
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:12 am
- Country:
- Location: Indiana
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Well, I got back from the show around 6pm tonight. Drove 3 hrs each way to go to the show, but it was well worth it. I came back empty handed animal wise, but I did pick up the new DVD "Herpers II". I bought the first one several years ago and enjoyed watching/learning about some of the largest reptile breeders/keepers in the US. I highly recommend this series to any die hard herper.
I also picked up more of a decorative piece. It is a wood carving of a frog/toad which comes with a stick to rub along its back. When this is done, it sounds like it is "ribbitting". Kinda cool and I needed something else on the shelf.
Other than that, there were A LOT of ball pythons and I saw the most expensive snake I'd ever seen at this show. Typically I will see a snake or two in the $20,000 range, but this particular ball python was $50,000! I must say it was beautiful, but not that pretty!
Just a handful of BTS were there. 2 nice IJ and 1 nice northern. The other 3-4 were unhealthy imports.
My brother's friend took my camera and did the pictures which will be posted sometime soon (probably tomorrow).
Overall, it was a great show and recommend anyone interested to make it tomorrow. I didnt realize they are now doing this show twice a year. Several years ago they did this to support USARK around March, but the October show was much larger than that one. Not sure if it is the same now.
I also picked up more of a decorative piece. It is a wood carving of a frog/toad which comes with a stick to rub along its back. When this is done, it sounds like it is "ribbitting". Kinda cool and I needed something else on the shelf.
Other than that, there were A LOT of ball pythons and I saw the most expensive snake I'd ever seen at this show. Typically I will see a snake or two in the $20,000 range, but this particular ball python was $50,000! I must say it was beautiful, but not that pretty!
Just a handful of BTS were there. 2 nice IJ and 1 nice northern. The other 3-4 were unhealthy imports.
My brother's friend took my camera and did the pictures which will be posted sometime soon (probably tomorrow).
Overall, it was a great show and recommend anyone interested to make it tomorrow. I didnt realize they are now doing this show twice a year. Several years ago they did this to support USARK around March, but the October show was much larger than that one. Not sure if it is the same now.
Brad
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 249 guests
