funny vid of my skink being a punk!!!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

funny vid of my skink being a punk!!!

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:14 pm

got some footage of apollo climbing all over his tank, knocking his water over and making a mess, and eating.

enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U6gdHwPkpk
Last edited by Kurt on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:46 pm

I couldn't watch the video for some reason. :cry:
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Jeff wrote:I couldn't watch the video for some reason. :cry:


weird? try again, i edited the link...
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Jeff wrote:I couldn't watch the video for some reason. :cry:
Same maybe it cuz I'm on my phone :/
Edit:
Yeah that's why for me >.<
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:55 pm

hmm, no problems here.

One reason for the water tipping could be due to not having a hide on the cool side. Also, maybe look for a heavier, deeper bowl to help eliminate that issue.

Nice looking skink.
Brad
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Kinda weird, I nstill couldn't see it on the iPad, but it played fine on the Macbook? Yeah, your skink is a turd. :roll:
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:41 pm

ReptileKing wrote:hmm, no problems here.

One reason for the water tipping could be due to not having a hide on the cool side. Also, maybe look for a heavier, deeper bowl to help eliminate that issue.

Nice looking skink.


smart man. i switched his furniture up and have the hide in the middle and his carpet that he buries under extends from the hot side to the cold side so he can burry at whatever temp he needs.
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Jeff wrote:Kinda weird, I nstill couldn't see it on the iPad, but it played fine on the Macbook? Yeah, your skink is a turd. :roll:


he's such a mess! its ok tho i still love him. does it make me crazy that i want more? haha
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Don't ask me, I have dozens. :roll:
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Postby JoshChimera » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:50 pm

My skink does just this. I have a thread up also. I just posted one with my video clip today. Your skink is active and I know how they love to frolic in the terrarium, this is why I love reptiles and amphibians. They don't bore you. Nice clip.
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:40 am

My blueys outdoors do similar things looking for bugs. I guessing this is a WC bluey.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:06 am

wow

i use the same type of water bowl btw xD though litchie has never pushed it over like that, just dug himself under it lol.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Postby phaemas » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 am

So cute!!!
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Scotts1au wrote:My blueys outdoors do similar things looking for bugs. I guessing this is a WC bluey.


thats a possibility.

the store i got him from has a really impressive selection of reptiles and seems to have a good reputation so they seem legit. when i bought him they promised me he was cbb. but i know sometimes they don't always tell the truth. but he was 100% healthy and really tame since day 1 so either way I'm happy.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Since you have a merauke I doubt it's cbb. Only...two people(as far as I'm aware of) have bred meraukes in north america(both in the states)
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 am

edit... forum is not cooperating
Last edited by Kurt on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:55 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Since you have a merauke I doubt it's cbb. Only...two people(as far as I'm aware of) have bred meraukes in north america(both in the states)


the owner of the store claims he only says he sells captive bread reptiles. and that he gets all of his skinks from the same breeder who does northerns, IJ, and merauke.

but realistically I'm sure he's lied to plenty of people so you may be right. I'm not really concerned bc apollo is really tame and really healthy.
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:58 pm

hot carl wrote:
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Since you have a merauke I doubt it's cbb. Only...two people(as far as I'm aware of) have bred meraukes in north america(both in the states)


the owner of the store claims he only says he sells captive bread reptiles

White or Wheat reptiles? :wink: :lol:
Brad

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 176 guests