Biggest Skink contest

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
shownuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
Country:
Location: Largo

Biggest Skink contest

Postby shownuff » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:35 am

I wanted to do something fun. Anyone can enter there Skink. No one at all is excluded. You can post links here of videos of your skink. Or pictures. Since alot of people here know each other then jsut telling us the size is good enough. Here are the rules.

1) Measuring of skink for Length, weight, age. And the type of skink.

2) Be a team player. Respect others.

3) and Remember this is just for fun.

I am the Proud owner of Indio ( Merauke ) weight_? Length 22 inches Age 1.4 years. He was 19 inches when I got him 3 months ago. Indio is in 55 gallon tank. Living it up. Future plans, 75 gallon wide.


Have Fun everyone and good luck..

You can see Indio here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFWx6JmtiM
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:41 am

Can we have a smallest skink contest instead bberry's tiny lol 18 inches.
Last edited by xxmonitorlizardxx on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:49 am

Indio is gorgeous! Love the video. We are still waiting for our new little bluey. The temp's have been so high lately the breeder hasn't been able to ship. We are so excited, :ohyes: It is hard to wait!
User avatar
shownuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
Country:
Location: Largo

yes

Postby shownuff » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:07 am

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Can we have a smallest skink contest instead bberry 18.


its really any skink. does not matter. bet wishes.
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
User avatar
shownuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
Country:
Location: Largo

i feel ya

Postby shownuff » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:10 am

StaceyLeigh wrote:Indio is gorgeous! Love the video. We are still waiting for our new little bluey. The temp's have been so high lately the breeder hasn't been able to ship. We are so excited, :ohyes: It is hard to wait!



The wait. goodness its the worst. lol.. i wish you luck n prayers..
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Postby Spindown » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Ooh sounds fun! Ill do mine when I get home :) great idea
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
shownuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
Country:
Location: Largo

Postby shownuff » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:50 pm

SapphireTigress wrote:Ooh sounds fun! Ill do mine when I get home :) great idea


What a beauty. Super clean.
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:13 am

Coomassie Male Northern: Age: approx 1.5 yrs, Weight: 504 grams, Length: 18 in.

I'm working on getting a more current picture but he is being difficult. He would rather crawl inside pillowcases than get his picture taken this morning.
Cay T.
User avatar
shownuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
Country:
Location: Largo

WoW

Postby shownuff » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 am

Coomassie wrote:Coomassie Male Northern: Age: approx 1.5 yrs, Weight: 504 grams, Length: 18 in.

I'm working on getting a more current picture but he is being difficult. He would rather crawl inside pillowcases than get his picture taken this morning.


WoW what a monster. 504 grams 18".. I would mess with him ether.
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:55 pm

This is Bruno. She is 24" (61cm) and weighs 1197 grams. :|

Image


Image

I have to admit to cheating a little bit. She will probably weigh less in a few days after she has babies. :oops:

She normally goes around an even kilo.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
shownuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
Country:
Location: Largo

Postby shownuff » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Jeff wrote:This is Bruno. She is 24" (61cm) and weighs 1197 grams. :|

Image


Image

I have to admit to cheating a little bit. She will probably weigh less in a few days after she has babies. :oops:

She normally goes around an even kilo.
Now that's not fair Jeff, lol. that's a dinosaur. I said Skinks. Hahaha. I'm sorry, I think my lame jokes are funny. I always here about huge Skinks. Now I know this is true. Wow. Bless her.
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:54 pm

I met Bruno in person before she got knocked up and she's a giant!

I'll weigh my biggest skinks soon to see how they match up :)
LilEstrella
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:02 pm
Country:

Postby LilEstrella » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:59 pm

This was a brilliant idea shownuff.. and a great way to give us a chance to spotlight the blues we love so much! Kudos!

I have 2, this my female.. her name is Azizza, she's 20 inches, 3 years old, not sure of her weight yet. She's a northern.

See her here..

http://youtu.be/fAJYATsW5LM

My second bluey is also a northern, male, a little more than a year and 16 inches. He's got some damage to his tail by his prior owner, but he's what made me fall in love with the blues! His name is Artimis, and you can see him here..

http://youtu.be/a7kQP6XtHhY

I'll get their weight tomorrow!
User avatar
shownuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
Country:
Location: Largo

Postby shownuff » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:03 am

LilEstrella wrote:This was a brilliant idea shownuff.. and a great way to give us a chance to spotlight the blues we love so much! Kudos!

I have 2, this my female.. her name is Azizza, she's 20 inches, 3 years old, not sure of her weight yet. She's a northern.

See her here..

http://youtu.be/fAJYATsW5LM

My second bluey is also a northern, male, a little more than a year and 16 inches. He's got some damage to his tail by his prior owner, but he's what made me fall in love with the blues! His name is Artimis, and you can see him here..

http://youtu.be/a7kQP6XtHhY

I'll get their weight tomorrow!
Hey thank you. But I want to thank you all for actually participating. I did not think anyone would care enough. This is awesome. I love this website. Welcome to Bluetongueskink.net Lilestrella.. You can tell in your voice how sincere you are. Its like I want people to know about Blues, but I am afraid that they will get treated like bearded dragons and over bred. Sorry about the rant. Bless all of you. For keeping it real. Peace.
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 am

My biggest one Flicker (Alpine Blotched) is about 57cm (about 23 inches) and was 1.1kg when gravid this year. 3 years old.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: WoW

Postby Coomassie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:01 am

shownuff wrote:
Coomassie wrote:Coomassie Male Northern: Age: approx 1.5 yrs, Weight: 504 grams, Length: 18 in.

I'm working on getting a more current picture but he is being difficult. He would rather crawl inside pillowcases than get his picture taken this morning.


WoW what a monster. 504 grams 18".. I would mess with him ether.


He is a big baby but he certainly can make things difficult. He is actually a little cuddlebug...
Cay T.
User avatar
reaperreptiles
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm
Country:
Location: Hephzibah, GA

Postby reaperreptiles » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:01 am

This is Toby( she looks like a Toblerone Candy bar :lol: ), my caramel northern female. She just turned 1 year old a few days ago. She is 20 inches long and weighs 711 grams.

Image

Image

Image

Image

sorry for the bad pics, had to take them with my phone in the dark. The black markings on her are actually a chocolate color, she looks alot darker in these pics than she really is. Maybe by next year she will get as big as Bruno! :D
LilEstrella
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:02 pm
Country:

Postby LilEstrella » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Ok.. they're official weigh in..

Azizza is exactly 950 grams, while Artimis weighs in at 861 grams!!
User avatar
Almostinsane
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:10 am
Country:
Location: Canada, Ontario

Postby Almostinsane » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 am

I can't weigh my skink lol, and I don't have pictures of her next to a ruler(I'll try to get some up later).
shes 22-25", whenever I measure her I can't get the same measurement twice. I've measured her in lots of different ways, a cloth tape measure, a ruler(on top of her, on the side, and under her) and it always comes out random. Shes about 4-6" wide, thats just a guess though.. as she will NOT hold still lol.

how about a laziest skink contest though? :P Charlie never gets up by herself.. I think it happened.. once. and all that was....was her poking her head out LOL. and she usually just lazes around whenever shes out. shes a couch potato.

Image

Theres a bit of a picture of her pot belly too ;) some days it looks even bigger then that O_O. Sorry for the awkward crop, I cut my sister out for her privacy.

also, the baby skink in this picture was about 8" at the time, just so you can get a bit of an idea for her size. I thought she was huge at 22", My goodness a 24" skink? wow.

Image
(only posted the thumbnail cause the pictures pretty big, you can click on it to go see it larger.)
User avatar
shownuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
Country:
Location: Largo

Postby shownuff » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 am

Wow I did not know they got that big. Awesome.
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 250 guests