Help specify my blue tongue skink

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
pongpaeng
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Help specify my blue tongue skink

Postby pongpaeng » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:21 am

Hello! I’m Ted, I’m new to this forums and nice to meet you all.

I’ve had my blue tongue for almost 2 months, I’ve been searching my pet information for quite a period, however, I’m still not sure what sub species it is. Is my blue tongue Halmahera?? :helpme:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Help specify my blue tongue skink

Postby mb606587 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:03 pm

Halmahera
pongpaeng
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby pongpaeng » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:41 pm

mb606587 wrote:Halmahera

Thank you very much for your help replying, because it's back doesn't show the red color so I'm not so sure
irthumper
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: ML Richardson

Postby irthumper » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:58 pm

Most of the Halms I've seen are a lot darker/redder. Do you have pics of the back of his neck and under belly?
pongpaeng
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby pongpaeng » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:29 am

irthumper wrote:Most of the Halms I've seen are a lot darker/redder. Do you have pics of the back of his neck and under belly?

I have some more photos but I’ve never shot the belly. I’ll take a shot next time if necessary. I heard Halmahera needs high humidity but mine doesn’t like when I spray my enclosure, it always stay in dry area lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pongpaeng
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby pongpaeng » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:58 pm

I tried my best coz it keeps hissing at me like forever. Photo of my bluey’s belly
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:16 pm

That's a Halmahera. You will need to have HIGH humidity for them to do well. If it doesn't like the spraying, you can research other ways on our site to rise humidity.
pongpaeng
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby pongpaeng » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Janella wrote:That's a Halmahera. You will need to have HIGH humidity for them to do well. If it doesn't like the spraying, you can research other ways on our site to rise humidity.

Thank you for your help pointing out the species. My Halmahera is so fine & healthy as it is in the enclusure, I think I don't give it that much humidity but it looks ok, no sign of problem at all so I don't have to worry much thing handling it. However, just in case, I add the moss in the enclusure to increase the humidity. Just that it doesn’t move much and sleep then eat a lot, seems lazy lol is that a bad sign? :?

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”