Is this something to be concerned about?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
FantasticBeasts0404
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:21 pm
Country: US
Location: OK

Is this something to be concerned about?

Postby FantasticBeasts0404 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:55 pm

Edit: I emailed the breeder and asked her about it and she said it's nothing to worry about. After the COUNTLESS hours of reading care guides and such I had no idea they lost teeth lol. She is going to send me a video on how to clean to area so it's less likely to get infected I assume.

Hey all, as some of you know I got my new Northern yesterday. So far everything has been going awesome. I noticed this on Jupiter's mouth yesterday but I didn't think it was anything to worry about since I know sometimes they just get bad scales around their mouths sometimes. But I feel like I should ask just in case. She ate a full meal yesterday almost as soon as I got her home. She was eating a blackberry right before this photo was taken. It looks brownish and there are 2 or 3 little black dots on it, but I think those are just blackberry seeds. Sorry if this seems silly. I looked at it pretty closely and it honestly just looks like some shed that got stuck and it discolored from food and stuff. But if it looks like something I should be worried about please let me know.
IMG_3479.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
rixusaku
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:34 pm
Country: USA
Location: NorthCarolina

Re: Is this something to be concerned about?

Postby rixusaku » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:49 pm

I didn't know they lost teeth either! The more you know...lol. I bought my skink boy at two years so I don't think I have to worry about him losing teeth. Good to know nothing is wrong with them!
| Noodle | Male | 3 years | Northern |
| My Care Experience: Since January 2021 |
User avatar
ThatOneReptileNoob
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:06 pm
Country: USA

Re: Is this something to be concerned about?

Postby ThatOneReptileNoob » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:54 am

Lose teeth as in baby teeth to adult teeth, like humans and dogs (that was a fun time in my pupper’s life. He ate most of them)? Or is it more like crocodilians, sharks, and snakes, where they just keep getting new teeth throughout their life?
User avatar
FantasticBeasts0404
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:21 pm
Country: US
Location: OK

Re: Is this something to be concerned about?

Postby FantasticBeasts0404 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:18 pm

ThatOneReptileNoob wrote:Lose teeth as in baby teeth to adult teeth, like humans and dogs (that was a fun time in my pupper’s life. He ate most of them)? Or is it more like crocodilians, sharks, and snakes, where they just keep getting new teeth throughout their life?


I think they just lose their baby teeth.
User avatar
ThatOneReptileNoob
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:06 pm
Country: USA

Re: Is this something to be concerned about?

Postby ThatOneReptileNoob » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:37 pm

Ok cool

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 326 guests