BTS Purchase research

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
tyguy7760
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

BTS Purchase research

Postby tyguy7760 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:28 am

Hi there. I'm in the middle of researching BTS for a future pet. I've done quite a bit of research on food, enclosures, humidity, temps, handling, etc etc etc.

Now comes the question, where do I actually find one? Some of the sites have scared me off of adopting a WC one so CB is the way to go I think. Plus it seems CB have greater handleability which is important for me. I like the northerns (as it seems most people do) but if the only difference between them and the irian jaya are a little bit more moisture then i'd consider one of those as well. Any advice you can give on this subject is much appreciated.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: BTS Purchase research

Postby Janella » Mon May 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Check out the classified section of this forum. Alot of skinks for sale from good breeders. Definitely do your research between the species. Northerns are recommend for beginners and are more forgiving if humidity isn't right. IJ can be alot more work and not so forgiving. They need high humidity.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:12 am

I will have northerns available in the beginning of June and have Easterns now. PM or email splashy07@aol.com if interested.
tyguy7760
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby tyguy7760 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:29 pm

splashy07 wrote:I will have northerns available in the beginning of June and have Easterns now. PM or email splashy07@aol.com if interested.

Thank you. I sent you an email. I appreciate the responses.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”