Rosie’s nose

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
LiamSR
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Rosie’s nose

Postby LiamSR » Fri May 01, 2020 2:28 pm

So about a week ago a friend of mine rehomed her indonesian to me. I named her Rosie. She’s been doing alright but she’s a little shy.

Im a relatively new reptile owner and I am learning new things everyday and whenever anything doesn’t feel right I can’t do anything until it’s settled.

A current problem Im having is that it looks like her nostrils are covered up by what looks to be dry skin. I thought it was only her needing more humidity and my friend who was the previous owner told me to wipe her nose and eyes with a warm wet cloth and turn up the humidity. I did both but the skin on her nostrils are still there and im worried its obstructing her breathing. I’ve tried to wipe it today again to break it off as my friend suggested but she is just not having it and I don't want to hurt her by trying to break of the dry skin.

Any suggestions?
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Rosie’s nose

Postby Janella » Fri May 01, 2020 5:50 pm

Is there a way you can send pictures? If it is indeed a rostral or nasal plug, your best bet is to have an experienced reptile vet check it and pull them out if needed. Thanks for helping her.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”