Food question

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Elerida
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Food question

Postby Elerida » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:43 am

Hello everyone!

A tiny little question about feeding. The last few months, my skink refuse to eat his dubia roaches. However, he eats zophobas/canned food/eggs/vegetables/etc. I asked the breeder, and he said don't feed him for a while. Like as the forum guide - if the skink is picky, he isn't hungry. But it doesn't help - the lizard still refused to eat the roaches, even after two weeks without food (I tryed to give him roaches every 3 days).
Maybe some of you now if there is a way "to learn" the skink for eating roaches? Because in the past he was eating them well.... Or better to try different kinds of roaches? I don't want to feed him with crickets, because I don't have a different room to keep them, and their calls annoying me.

The skink is 11 month old, if it matter for something.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Food question

Postby splashy07 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:05 am

A few of mine completely grew out of eating insects at all. Don't worry if he won't eat them, his diet sounds fine. That's one of the attributes of these guys, you don't have to feed them insects.
Elerida
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Food question

Postby Elerida » Mon May 04, 2020 1:26 am

I thought that I should switch between insects and other protein resource. Thank you!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”