Is my baby BTS overweight?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
bepbep
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Is my baby BTS overweight?

Postby bepbep » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:58 pm

I was just wondering if my ~2 month-old skink is overweight. As of today, he is 67g and a little over 8.5 inches long from nose to tip of his tail. He eats Bluey Buffet occasionally and Halo Gluten Free natural wet cat food daily (~1 tsp).

March 5 (day that I got him): https://imgur.com/Fgts5qE
Earlier today: https://imgur.com/A8WzCGC
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Is my baby BTS overweight?

Postby kayla990 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:27 am

Based on other users replies (on similar posts) - I think it's not concerning when they are under a year old. It looks like they have gone into 'flattened pancake' mode in the image for basking - so doesn't look to be unusually round/overweight to me! Of course good to get other opinions from others too :D
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
bepbep
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby bepbep » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:22 am

kayla990 wrote:Based on other users replies (on similar posts) - I think it's not concerning when they are under a year old. It looks like they have gone into 'flattened pancake' mode in the image for basking - so doesn't look to be unusually round/overweight to me! Of course good to get other opinions from others too :D

Ok thank you!! I am a first time BTS owner and I think that I might have a little bit of "new parent paranoia."
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:13 pm

I think your skink looks fine.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:06 am

Ditto. When I have babies they get all they want for the first 6-8 months, at which time they seem to slow a bit. I don't believe there is any such thing as an 'overweight baby'.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”