Peter’s Banded Skinks

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
SkinkLover7891
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Peter’s Banded Skinks

Postby SkinkLover7891 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am

Hello, everyone. I’m new here. Recently I’ve been considering getting a Peter’s Banded Skink. Does anyone have any care advice such as what the best insect is for them? Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Peter’s Banded Skinks

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:59 am

Look like a nice skink to have as a pet. Not legal here in Australia.

Found this that might give you a little guidance https://reptilerapture.net/peters-bande ... sheet.html , I'd be thoroughly researching the species to make sure you have a good understanding of it's husbandry and requirements BEFORE BUYING.
SkinkLover7891
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby SkinkLover7891 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:29 am

Don’t worry, I will definitely do lots of research. I’ve actually be researching for a while now. I know that they are not widely available captive bred, so first I would try my hardest to get one captive bred. I also may try to produce a few babies from them, so they are more widely available. Of course, I would wait a while first! :D
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:07 am

I have seen them in the pet trade from time to time, but do not know of any captive breeding of this species in the US.

Return to “Other Skink Species”