Recommended animal plastic T10 set ups?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Cyberlizard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Recommended animal plastic T10 set ups?

Postby Cyberlizard » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Hello! In the next couple of months I will be receiving a T10 enclosure from animal plastics (48x24x15) I know some people on this site use AP and might have the same cage dimensions. I was just wondering what you guys use as heat lamps as well as UVB bulbs to get the proper set up going for your skinks. My girl is currently in a exo terra tank that is about 13 inches high, and only 36 inches long so I know I will be needing to upgrade/improve my lighting situation.

She also unfortunately started getting a bit of a kink in her tail so I most definitely want to be on top of proper UVB lighting (as well as working on improving her diet). Right now she has a 75w basking light and a 10.0 UVB bulb on during the day, and a smaller 40watt ceramic heat bulb just to make sure her tank doesnt get too low at night.

If you guys have any suggestions on what heat bulbs and UVB bulbs worked for a cage of similar dimension as what she is getting let me know, I would really appreciate it!
vana
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Recommended animal plastic T10 set ups?

Postby vana » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:36 am

I use a pro-heat radiant heat panel on a thermostat for heat in mine. It works well, and keeps the cage warm in the winter without light at night. Not as hot as a cermamic heating element also, I like that. I mounted a t5 flouresecnt fixture to the roof of the cage for UV light.

The only problem I had with the animal plastics cage is that it stank very badly when I got it (plastic smell). That concerned me. I do not think PVC is a good material for cages. You may want to look into an abs or other type of plastic cage. I'm not sure though.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Recommended animal plastic T10 set ups?

Postby splashy07 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:32 pm

I've been using API cages for years and never had an issue except they take forever to get if you do not order a 'quick ship' item.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”