The coolest insects I've ever kept

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

The coolest insects I've ever kept

Postby splashy07 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:27 pm

These amazing creatures become available to me very infrequently, but when they do I take all! After a very long wait I've got some again. These are Texas arid land katydids, neobarettia spinosa and n. Victoriae. (Spinosa the larger ones with the red eyes). They like fruits and occasionally vegetation but their favorite is other insects! Like a mantis, they hunt and capture prey! When the larger ones chirp it resembles the sound of an electric shock. BZZZZZT! A bit loud in here at night currently!!! Have tried to breed these but never got the eggs to hatch. Will keep trying!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coleyfgreene
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: The coolest insects I've ever kept

Postby Coleyfgreene » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:22 pm

Wow, they have the coolest patterns!!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: The coolest insects I've ever kept

Postby splashy07 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:15 am

They're so awesome. Unfortunately I got these as adults, therefore not much more lifespan..
The last time they were offered to me I was able to get neonates. I've still got three hanging in there enjoying my homemade superworms!

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”