Weird small insect

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Samclothier
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Weird small insect

Postby Samclothier » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:39 am

Hi there I have just recently finished a mite problem but for the past few days I have noticed that there are these strange insects crawling on the wall of my bts’s viv. They are a different shape to the mites I had and from all of the time that they have been in the viv I haven’t found any on the skink after a few close examinations of him any ideas of what they are ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Weird small insect

Postby splashy07 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 am

Would have to see one, there are many tiny insects that can live in the substrate and be harmless to your animal, but being you just had a mite problem I'd take everything out, wash and disinfect it and start all over again. Substrates like coco husk, eco earth and Repti-bark sometimes contain tiny organisms that can actually help clean up your tank if you have reptiles or amphibians that can live in a bioactive vivarium. I have such a thing (not for blueys) and haven't had to clean it in years. Would it be possible to get a picture of your little insect?
Samclothier
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Weird small insect

Postby Samclothier » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 am

Here’s as close as I can get to a proper picture of one

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”