New BTS Owner!! :D

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
jtotalturtle
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

New BTS Owner!! :D

Postby jtotalturtle » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 am

920501DF-6649-4DD6-A903-6B7ACF2A955A.jpeg
So i just recently bought my lil girl Squash at a recent Reptile Expo. Before i did a lot of research and made sure i knew what i was doing but i still have a few questions. First i’m about 95% sure shes an indonesian but i dont know which type of indonesian since i was dumb and forgot to ask. I however do know she was captive bred born. Shes currently in a 40 gallon tank and when i put her in she explored every part but after that day she went into hiding and or burrowed down since i know they’re big on burrowing ( shes been burrowed or hiding for 3 days). Should i be concerned if i dont see her for a while or just leave her be and offer her food to entice her to come out. Also my hot side is currently 95 F and cool side a solid 70 and she is on an eco earth/reptibark mix. Thank you guys and im glad to be apart of the bts family :D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: New BTS Owner!! :D

Postby splashy07 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 am

Appears Irian Jaya, maybe a few more pics? The chances of an Indonesian purchased at an expo being cbb is slim to none. Your temps are ok, I'd go just a bit higher and the humidity needs to be at the very least 60 percent. I'd just let her settle in, leave food and water for her and observe. Adorable little one, best of luck and welcome!
jtotalturtle
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby jtotalturtle » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Thank you! I will definitely raise the temperatures and make sure humidity is 60%! Once she comes out i will take more pictures but for now i'll just leave her be and when she comes out she comes out i don't want her to be stressed!
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:47 am

Yes that's an Irian Jaya. Not often you find these guys CBB, especially at an expo. Possible but I'd be skeptical.
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem

Postby Edward » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm

:welcome: to the addiction!
Nemo me impune lacessit.
jtotalturtle
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby jtotalturtle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:28 pm

UPDATE!
She finally is starting to venture out more openly then when i got her a week ago which im thankful for and i got to take more pictures for you guys!!! Shes a beauty! Also i raised the temperature a bit in the tank to the lower 100’s so hopefully shell like that more haha!
jtotalturtle
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby jtotalturtle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Today she also walked around her whole enclosure but i think its cause shes still nervous but i;m just glad she come out to say hi today XD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby kayla990 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:12 am

So pretty! First time seeing a pattern like hers :D
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”