Meet Speck

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Meet Speck

Postby splashy07 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:37 pm

This adorable leopard gecko came to me with three others from a friend who no longer wanted. I don't get that, but hey good for me. The little group was 2.2, a friend adopted three and I kept the remaining male. Mine is living in my snake rack but the other three have a luxury condo I picked up for them at my friends shop and gave to my friend who adopted them. They are so easy to care for I do not think it matters how plain or fancy, but I know my friend and she would only want a five star hotel for them! Haven't kept these since the 90's, and had completely forgotten how delightful they are. I'm thinking of contacting Ron Tremper for a girlfriend for him!
If the Ark takes on another animal it will sink....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Meet Speck

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Wow … just wow …. Santa has been good to you this Xmas, Squiggles & Speck and Specks mates ….

All I got was a box of choc liquors , and big tin of Roses Chocs and Pommie Choc Bar Hamper for Xmas.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:56 am

Hahahah yeah, don't know how they survived the ride in his sleigh....
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 am

I’m going to have to stop reading splashy07s posts... every time I do I want another pet! Haha, he’s awesome. Are they similar care needs to BT’s or different?
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:10 am

The care is actually probably simpler. Much smaller lizard, so 20 gallon tank works perfect. They are not omnivores so they need a steady diet of insects. Splashy can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they need it as hot as the BTS. Most keepers use the under tank heat mats just to give them belly heat. I don't keep these guys bc I've been given strict orders of no insects in the house although I much prefer that wild type look you have to the morphs! Nocturnal species so they sleep most of the day.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:10 am

You are correct, mb, and the most endearing trait about them is that they go to the bathroom in the same place all the time. And if you don't like where that is, simply move it to where you do and they'll use that area. I keep mine in my snake rack tub, about 85 degrees at the rear panel where the heat tape is, the rest of the tub will be cooler and he explores all areas. I really didn't have space for him but they seem to do better in racks anyway, and my friend wanted to rehome. They are kept by breeders in shoebox racks, and do fine! Practically a zero maintenance animal if you don't mind the bugs, and i'm self sufficient there! Absolutely adorable little things, and the normal phase ones are very cheap to buy. As with any reptile, the color morphs can set you back a bit. He is spoiled silly now with Dubia roaches, doesn't want anything else.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”