Merauke BTS Won't Eat

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Merauke BTS Won't Eat

Postby mb606587 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:18 pm

That is excellent news! Glad to hear he's eating again.
ssmith73
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Merauke BTS Won't Eat

Postby ssmith73 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:32 pm

mb606587 wrote:Agreed, it was sold to you with parasites. Many imported reptiles will have them in some form or another. Unless you are feeding insects or rodents caught directly from your backyard, internal parasites should be virtually non-existent in captive reptiles. As a precaution, I'd change the substrate out during treatment, and directly after treatment to minimize any re-occurrence. You could opt for paper towel or reptile carpet temporarily during treatment. Here is a thread worth reading that may shed some light on your situation being that your Merauke was sold to you as Captive Bred or Captive Born. Is My Blue Tongue Skink Captive Born and Bred (CBB), Captive Bred or Captive Born (CB), Farm Bred, or Wild Caught (WC)?. Unfortunately, there's not many Merauke breeders out there and reptile expos usually aren't the best place to find them.

Dang it, sounds like I was dupped!!! Hopefully, after the meds and some regular meals she will live a long happy life. She is pretty shy, she huffs and hides a lot. Once she's out she seems to be fine. Even when I'm giving her the medicine she's been great. I will make sure that my nest BTS will be from a breeder as I'm sure she wont be my last one.

Thank you for the thread!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”