Wanted: Northern BTS

Buying? Selling? Requests? Post them here. BTS ONLY!
Forum rules
This board is for BLUE TONGUE SKINKS ONLY!
mdd1982
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Wanted: Northern BTS

Postby mdd1982 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:16 pm

I am looking for a Northern BTS. My husband has his heart set on getting one... to the point that he has been OBSESSING about finding one at a decent price. We have a 2 yr old daughter, so we would need it to be mild mannered. We have never had a bluey before; however, we had an Iguana for quite a while until he passed away and now we have a bearded dragon. And even though we love our beardie very much... we are very excited to add a bluey to our family! We have done a lot of research on them and how to care for them and we are ready to open our hearts and home to one. If anyone has an idea where there is a good deal on a mild mannered Northern BTS, please let me know before my husband goes blind from staring at ads all day. lol.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Wanted: Northern BTS

Postby splashy07 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:29 am

Unfortunately you have missed baby season, mine are born June-July, as are most although there are some latecomers at times. If you have your heart set on a Northern, I'd suggest you raise a baby and that will be a bit of a wait! At times one will come up due to circumstances beyond the keeper's control, but not usually babies.
mdd1982
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby mdd1982 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:27 am

Thank you for your response. I'm curious... when you say that you would suggest raising a baby, are there any drawbacks to buying one that's about 4 months old or so? Most that I've seen posted lately are holdbacks that are around that age.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:26 am

No, not at all. It's sometimes a good idea depending on your experience to get one head started, but there's nothing like raising a baby and watching him/her grow! Over the years I have gotten them at different ages and never had any trouble acclimating them. One of my proven pairs came to me separately at three years (female) and 1 1/2 years (male).
mdd1982
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby mdd1982 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:27 am

That's great to hear. Thank you for the input.

Return to “Classifieds w/Recommended Breeders List”