cage lid repair

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Happyherper
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

cage lid repair

Postby Happyherper » Tue May 29, 2018 5:22 pm

I currently have my meraukee adult in a 100 gallon, but as I am getting some ackie monitors in the fall, I would like to move him to a 60g long tank with the same floor dimensions. the only problem is when he was in the 60g he ripped the screen lid off, and dissapeared for 6 months. this was incredably stressful, so I am wondering how or where I can get a new screen lid, and would like any avvailable suggestions. it is a 60g long with a sliding to lid. it is 18 inches tall, so it needs to be a very sturdy lid or he will just puch it off. thanks for the help.
NeverShoutPVRIS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: cage lid repair

Postby NeverShoutPVRIS » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Not sure what kind of screen lid you had but when me and my husband had a bearded dragon we used one with a sliding screen lid. It's pretty easy to open by hand and it locks into place when you close it. Hope that helps
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: cage lid repair

Postby splashy07 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:02 am

You can buy screen locks at a pet shop or online. I used to use them when I kept snakes in tanks a zillion years ago.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”