What would be your dream pet to own?

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

What would be your dream pet to own?

Postby Angel_BTS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi :) I have always wanted to own a Green Tree Python, because I love their colouring and their fairly docile personality. It got me thinking, what is your dream pet to own?
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: What would be your dream pet to own?

Postby Y33T » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 pm

GTPs are my dream pet too.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Y33T wrote:GTPs are my dream pet too.

Cool! I’d love to own one, one day.
Taliats
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Taliats » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:29 pm

A Komodo Dragon, but that's illegal so it is never gonna happen.
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Taliats wrote:A Komodo Dragon, but that's illegal so it is never gonna happen.

Haha true.... but they’re an awesome lizard!
Lee :)
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Lee :) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:18 pm

A BTS lol. Currently in the process of convincing my parents to let me own one, they said it's too late rn to talk about this but they said they may consider it if I can save up the money. They won't even let me vent about how great they are tonight haha. Wish me luck :)
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Lee :) wrote:A BTS lol. Currently in the process of convincing my parents to let me own one, they said it's too late rn to talk about this but they said they may consider it if I can save up the money. They won't even let me vent about how great they are tonight haha. Wish me luck :)

Ooh I really do hope that your parents let you have a BTS! I just recently got mine after quite a bit of convincing haha :) Good luck!!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:39 am

A breeding pair of shinglebacks.

&

a mate for Fluffy the female Water Skink.
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:51 am

kingofnobbys wrote:A breeding pair of shinglebacks.

&

I love shingleback lizards! I didn’t previously know what a water skink looked like, but I had a look on google and they are so pretty!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:34 am

Angel_BTS wrote:

&

I love shingleback lizards! I didn’t previously know what a water skink looked like, but I had a look on google and they are so pretty!

I've seen a few shinglebacks in the wild when we were living in the far north west of WA (Pilbara Region , I was working at the DRI plant at Hedland and we made several trips to the local NPs and to visit places like Newman , Karratha , Broome in the Pajero , lots of reptiles of all sorts seen and encountered , it's a herper's paradise there). People I know who have shinglebacks love them and say they great as pets.

Check out my thread about Fluffy : she's a real little sweety and a great little pet.... my experience with them is they tame up nicely and become extremely affectionate , definitely not just a look at only pet. https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/vi ... 6&t=238063
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:40 am

kingofnobbys wrote:
Angel_BTS wrote:

&

I've seen a few shinglebacks in the wild when we were living in the far north west of WA (Pilbara Region , I was working at the DRI plant at Hedland and we made several trips to the local NPs and to visit places like Newman , Karratha , Broome in the Pajero , lots of reptiles of all sorts seen and encountered , it's a herper's paradise there). People I know who have shinglebacks love them and say they great as pets.

Check out my thread about Fluffy : she's a real little sweety and a great little pet.... my experience with them is they tame up nicely and become extremely affectionate , definitely not just a look at only pet. https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/vi ... 6&t=238063

Aww she’s so tiny in the pictures! She’s really lucky to have been found by you, because now she’s receiving the best care :) I’m glad that she made a full recovery, Fluffy looks like such a sweet skink! I also love her name :)
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:33 am

A 1.2 trio of Goldfield Rugosas. And a Cyclura Ricordi. And a colony of Cordylus Giganteus. That's about it, OH...a pair of melanistic Easterns. If I keep thinking I'll keep writing...
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:52 am

splashy07 wrote:A 1.2 trio of Goldfield Rugosas. And a Cyclura Ricordi. And a colony of Cordylus Giganteus. That's about it, OH...a pair of melanistic Easterns. If I keep thinking I'll keep writing...

Wow, so many cool animals! The reptile store that I purchased Bindi from sells melanistic Easterns, and they are such a pretty jet black colour! I think owning a melanistic Eastern would defiantly have to go onto my dream pet list :)
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:02 am

Yes, and just about impossible to get on this side of the pond.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 am

Angel_BTS wrote:
splashy07 wrote:A 1.2 trio of Goldfield Rugosas. And a Cyclura Ricordi. And a colony of Cordylus Giganteus. That's about it, OH...a pair of melanistic Easterns. If I keep thinking I'll keep writing...

Wow, so many cool animals! The reptile store that I purchased Bindi from sells melanistic Easterns, and they are such a pretty jet black colour! I think owning a melanistic Eastern would defiantly have to go onto my dream pet list :)

you will have to have very deep pockets to buy a truly melanistic eastern, out of curiousity I once looked "Snake Ranch" in Gosford's website (before they changed hands and a crook took/ animal trafficker took over , so this is several years ago) and they have albino and melanistic easterns shown and listed (and a very long waiting list despite the extortionate prices they were demanding .... I am very happy with my two standard easterns who appear to have great genes and are still frisky at near 10 yr old.
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:16 pm

kingofnobbys wrote:
Angel_BTS wrote:

you will have to have very deep pockets to buy a truly melanistic eastern, out of curiousity I once looked "Snake Ranch" in Gosford's website (before they changed hands and a crook took/ animal trafficker took over , so this is several years ago) and they have albino and melanistic easterns shown and listed (and a very long waiting list despite the extortionate prices they were demanding .... I am very happy with my two standard easterns who appear to have great genes and are still frisky at near 10 yr old.

I agree with you, the price of 1 melanistic Eastern at my local reptile shop is $550 - I would need to save up before I even considered getting one! I am also very happy with my standard eastern, she’s an amazing lizard and I couldn’t ask for anything more :)
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:17 am

We have breeders over here that have them.. They just hoard them and don't sell any. Same with Westerns and Shinglebacks. Some of us would rather have the animal than the money. Someone could offer me the moon and the stars for my collection and I'd tell them to go swing. Same goes for my classic car.
Indigia
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Indigia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:35 am

I think African Bush Vipers are super cool! I would have to get him defanged, though. I would also need a venom permit. I’m currently working on getting a Northern Bluey too. 8)
lifesagame
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lifesagame » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 am

There are a few, but GTPs are up there for me too, also Tokay geckos and and an Australian Water Dragon. When I first got into reptiles with my old beardie I really wanted a Chinese Water Dragon but then I found the Australian ones and fell in love. Something about them reminds me of the velociraptors in Jurassic park :lol:

There are a few small fluffy animals I want to get but I’ll stop typing, I keep thinking of more to get! :lol:

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”