Big ol' Merauke crew update!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Big ol' Merauke crew update!

Postby tcopitho » Sun May 22, 2016 2:32 am

I've been meaning to post an update on my merauke crew since I have added a few new additions in the last little while (hopefully some females, time will tell). Life has been completely crazy lately so its been slow going, but I finally was able to get at least a few decent photos of them without too much glare. Thankfully there is tons of good photo reference and info on here these days, but my photography skill is basically zero so there are some odd focus' here and there.

Ill start off with the youngins. I have three under a year old right now. One is my CBB baby form last year and the other two are new to my group. So here we go...

This is Zim CBB from my girl Dio, and Sue's line boy Sam (both shown further down). I've posted pictures fairly recently of him, and hes deep in shed right now, so these are from last week, had him out getting some sun.
DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

Next up is Butter. Shes a spit fire, likes to throw herself at me. I've been working with her slowly and there is marked improvement. No more biting at least. I'm probably most excited about her, shes definitely a looker.
DSC_0502.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

Next up is Wasp. Shes a bit of an interesting gal. She came in with Butter, and I was a bit worried about her. But everything checked out. and I've got a nice set of x-rays for her now... :doh: :lol:
DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

On to the adults. Next up is one of my two Sue's Blues. This is Merry. I love this guy, he's really grown up in the past year, gotten some size to him. I love his colour, he has a really interesting milky pink/white splash to his scales down his sides.
DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

On to Beau. I got Butter with the hopes she is female with the intention of pairing her with this fellow. Beau is the chillest skink I have (and the only one who sat still for picture time). I cant say enough good things about this guys personality. He's had some health issues in the past, being wild caught, but since then he has completely recovered, and is now down to a healthy weight. He is very active these days, and has gone from doing nose dives off of the couch to avoid other skinks, to searching relentlessly for Dio my only confirmed female.
DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

Next is Sam, or Sammich. Number two of my Sue's Blue's boys. Sam is the father of young Zim (shown above). Sam is a super shy boy, I don't handle him all to much, and so he wouldn't sit still for even a second for picture time.
DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

And that brings me to my last, and only confirmed female merauke, Dio. Shes deep deep in shed at the moment, so these pictures are from a couple months ago after her last shed.
DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

And as a small reprieve for the scincoides people out there, here is Indie, my one lone Northern. He will not be getting a girl friend anytime soon.
DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

Well that's the entire crew. Thanks for viewing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tcopitho on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens

Re: Big ol' Merauke crew update!

Postby Dakota » Sun May 22, 2016 3:02 am

You have such an amazing group, tcopitho. I really love the look of Beau and Butter. :cloud9: Thanks for updating us!
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:45 am

Wow! Impressive lot you've got there! Thanks for sharing!
TPceebee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: Insta - @Oxide_fx

Postby TPceebee » Sun May 22, 2016 9:45 am

Woah! that patterning on Wasp is incredible. Such an amazing and diverse group of Meraukes.
Reptiles Owned:

1.0 Northern - Rusty - 1 July 2015
0.0.1 Black Roughneck Monitor Lizard - Neville - 1 April 2019
Bluish
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Bluish » Sun May 22, 2016 10:21 am

Great looking group of skinks!
The future looks bright for Meraukes in Canada.
Dom

2.6 Meraukes
aaronhouts
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby aaronhouts » Sun May 22, 2016 2:03 pm

What a collection!
Really great job!
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Sun May 22, 2016 5:57 pm

They are absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing.
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby tcopitho » Sun May 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Thank you all so much for your kindness and enthusiasm. Its been a whirlwind of time, money, and effort putting this group together and caring for so many skinks, as Im sure most everyone here can relate to one way or another. I'm overjoyed thinking what the future holds for these fine critters.

Bluish wrote:The future looks bright for Meraukes in Canada.

My thoughts exactly when seeing your last update :D
Last edited by tcopitho on Mon May 23, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby tcopitho » Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Dakota wrote:You have such an amazing group, tcopitho. I really love the look of Beau and Butter. :cloud9: Thanks for updating us!

Im pretty excited about those two as well. Im hoping Butter ends up female and spares me some years of work. If I wish hard enough it will help right... :lol:
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Mon May 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Have you figured out how to ship to the United States?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby tcopitho » Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Have you figured out how to ship to the United States?

Well... I've certainly mastered getting them shipped to me from the US... haha. But yeah, thats something I may have to look into in the future.
Last edited by tcopitho on Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens

Postby Dakota » Tue May 24, 2016 3:49 am

You mean something you DEFINITELY need to look into in the future ... :hehe: :thumbs:
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby tcopitho » Tue May 24, 2016 8:59 am

I think reptile express will handle cross boarder stuff these days. I wonder if they are an affordable option?
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:55 pm

I'm late joining the party, but HOLY MOSES thems are some good lookin' Meraukes right there!! :shock: :lovestruck: :shock: :lovestruck: :shock: :lovestruck:

I still think Sam is lightening in color... Wouldn't surprise me if it's not the camera and lighting, as Rosy (Sam's sister) is growing lighter as well.

Last time I checked into Reptile Express' international import fees, it was NOT cheap...
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby tcopitho » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:33 pm

Susann wrote:I'm late joining the party, but HOLY MOSES thems are some good lookin' Meraukes right there!! :shock: :lovestruck: :shock: :lovestruck: :shock: :lovestruck:

No problem, life gets busy. I picked up two mist kings at the reptile show to cover all of the enclosures, but have been so busy I haven't had a moments time to start setting it up, its driving me crazy. And thank you for the compliment, and for 2.5 of my beautiful group. :blowkisses:

Susann wrote: still think Sam is lightening in color... Wouldn't surprise me if it's not the camera and lighting, as Rosy (Sam's sister) is growing lighter as well.

If you're still thinking it in these pictures then Id say its safe to say he is getting lighter. These were shot by an actual camera with some really good natural light, and I think they captured the true colours pretty closely. I think the previous pictures you would have seen of Sam were from my phone camera and the colours seemed really warped to me.

Susann wrote:Last time I checked into Reptile Express' international import fees, it was NOT cheap...

Yeah thats what I was thinking too, but at least its a bit early to be worried about any of that. Dont want to jinx myself.
Darla
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Darla » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:59 pm

They're all gorgeous! Of all the BTS's the Merauke are my favs!
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby tcopitho » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks Darla! I have to agree with you, I love the meraukes.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:13 pm

Absolutely gorgeous
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby tcopitho » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:51 am