How does this site get paid for.

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider

How does this site get paid for.

Postby NickBrahz » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:09 am

So im just wondering how this site is funded, i've never seen a ad or anything like that so it doesn't get funds from that and there is no donation system so whos pocket does the money come out of? wouldn't mind dropping some money now and then to help the website keep afloat.
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: How does this site get paid for.

Postby Susann » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Thank you Nick.
It has always been done privately as per previous owners' wishes, but I have recently taken over all financial responsibilities for the site and I actually am planning on adding a "Donate" button with the next update.

We haven't had anyone on board with enough computer knowledge to handle changes to the phpBB system that we are run by, and in the past, our admin Katrina has paid out of pocket for professionals to take care of fixes, changes, and updates, as well as our monthly upkeep fees.

I am in the process of, with the help of a couple computer guys, looking into all that needs to be done here, and without getting into it too much, it's very complicated with how things have been done before. So to begin with, we are going to have to take some time making the site more stable and easy to handle without professionals, which may mean we have to parse some things out of the site.
Even though I'm committed financially to whatever needs to be done, I have myself in the past been willing to contribute to the upkeep costs, and am hoping that with others in the community willing to help out as well, we can afford to have a forum with more than just the basics.
Either way, all contributions are welcome and will go towards a much needed update on the site.

Until we get a button installed, all willing to contribute can do so by going to PayPal.com and entering our donation account: 1btsforum@gmail.com

Thank you for bringing it up Nick.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider

Postby NickBrahz » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Okee dokee thanks Suasann, not to flush with money currently because of recent Medical, computer and exercise expenses but i guess every little bit helps, hope the money gets sent and i didn't somehow mess up haha.
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:47 pm

It has been received; thank you very much!
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:05 am

I have finished my studies so should have a lot more time to be on call for whatever I can help with Susann~!!
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:02 am

Nae wrote:I have finished my studies so should have a lot more time to be on call for whatever I can help with Susann~!!

:ohyes: :thumbs:
alichamp

Postby alichamp » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:20 pm

I think a donate button and description of how the site is paid for and run is a great idea. Could even consider a suggested nominal 'voluntary membership fee' to be set each year...??

If people can pay online or transfer to a bank account that's nice and easy.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”