Ceiling Fan on at night?

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Ccrestedgecko
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Ceiling Fan on at night?

Postby Ccrestedgecko » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi guys I have 3 reptiles, a BTS, mex black kingsnake and a crested gecko in a relatively small room in which I also sleep. I get rather hot in my house at night and I was wondering if I turned the ceiling fan on, would it felt my reptiles at all or not? Thankyou for all your answers.
mitchell.a.88
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Ceiling Fan on at night?

Postby mitchell.a.88 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:58 pm

From what I understand fans don't affect reptiles like they do us. In order for us to cool down we sweat, the sweat evaporates and it's the evaporation that cools us. For reptiles to cool down all they have to do is leave their basking spot since their main goal is to warm up. So if anything it will just create more airflow and shouldn't be a problem.
I love mexican blacks btw :)
Ccrestedgecko
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Ccrestedgecko » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info. So that means I can finally not have the night sweats lol. Any more opinions and repays are also welcome thanks so much.
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider

Postby NickBrahz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Reptile wouldn't notice a fan on unless it was directly pointed at it without anything in the way, enclosure protects most of it from the fan currant, at most it might feel like a very faint wind to them which they would be more then used to in the wild.
I personally keep 1-3 fans on in my room 24/7 because i live in hotbox land.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”