NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Andee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 pm
Country:
Location: California

NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Postby Andee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:29 am

OMG OMG OMG

So Merauke Baby has arrived 8D I am still slightly unsure of what to call him. I have a list of like 5-6 names. He is healthy, has all his toes and is quite hissy right now, though he grudgingly let me pick him up to transfer him lol silly little boy.

I will have pictures soon, god he's sooooo tiny >w< and adorable, he's about 5 inches AT the MOST. He has gotten a drink and is now exploring. Everytime I walk near though he hisses lol, it's not scary at all only funny pfft.
Merauke Male- 5 months- Chronos
Andee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 pm
Country:
Location: California

Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Postby Andee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:37 pm

He has eaten his first meal, and is still hissy every time I put my hand in the cage only I've only done that twice since I moved him into it. His name is Chronos for the titan he shall become ^^. I love him already, he is in his hide right now.

The basking temp stays at like 100-101 is that too powerful?

Pictures tomorrow morning ^^
Merauke Male- 5 months- Chronos
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Postby Dakota » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Congrats! I remember how great it felt to get my first Bluetongue.. euphoria!! Can't wait to see pictures.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
sacs4010
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:44 am
Country:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Postby sacs4010 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:27 pm

I am not sure about your new Merauke, but mine only hisses when he is annoyed. lol Mine never really gets scared, he just gets annoyed. They are a lot of fun. If his basking spot is at that temperature you should be good.
Andee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 pm
Country:
Location: California

Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Postby Andee » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:10 pm

So Chronos is shedding I think. He's rubbing himself all over the corkbark in his enclosure and yawning a lot, walking funny etc. . The usual signs of shedding for most lizards I have had. Which could explain why he is so grumpy today and not interested in eating. Anyone have any idea how long shedding for a six week old usually takes?

And of course, PICTURES like I promised:

Image

Image

Image

He was resting his head on a big clump of Eco Earth like a pillow lol XD
Merauke Male- 5 months- Chronos

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 181 guests