More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
lyxaar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Postby lyxaar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:50 am

Cheese seems to have settled in well! Doing all the typical lizard things, exploring, eating, hiding, basking, huffing :D

Does anyone have any extra tips on taming blueys? So far I've been letting him eat off my fingers and handing him fruit, otherwise I've been leaving him to do what he wants cause no matter how much I wanna snuggle him I'd rather get him to trust me first! :P

Here's some picture updates:

Image

Image

Image

He also had a vicious battle with a blackberry (videos):

https://fbcdn-video-h-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xpf1/v/t42.1790-2/10639988_10202679821025755_1026967203_n.mp4?oh=828db39e2910c69152fabaec9cc531dc&oe=542EAF88&__gda__=1412346389_b5e8e304588c5228bc10ef2c25cf8f5c

https://fbcdn-video-i-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/10695579_10202679851266511_1477216557_n.mp4?oh=69bc55ac667c849bd59b9c8841b5879a&oe=542EB0F3&__gda__=1412342554_2cba4901838ddf6a326a8e1ad0006e05
0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink -Cheese
4.2.0 Corn Snakes - Jake, Vanilla, Maple, Spooks, Goofs, Flash
1.0.0 Rat/Corn Snake - Blake
1.1.0 Black Rat Snakes - Mel, Licorice
0.1.0 Bosc Monitor - Pancake
User avatar
MechHAN
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:45 pm
Country:
Location: China

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Postby MechHAN » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:55 am

Is that a chip can?
User avatar
jdheff1982
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:01 am
Your Facebook name: John D. Heffington
Country: USA
Location: Derby,KS

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Postby jdheff1982 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:56 am

MechHAN wrote:Is that a chip can?


Sure looks like a Pringles can to me, LOL! Gotta pop that top, lol!

:lol:
Northern BTS Rosco born 6/27/2013 acquired 10/1/2013 -> My Gallery:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7iQnlFQvJfMTDFxLVUwaEN5Z0E?usp=sharing
---------------------------------
Care Sheet: http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/
User avatar
lyxaar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Postby lyxaar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:13 am

MechHAN wrote:Is that a chip can?


What can I say? It's the perfect size for him! :lol:
0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink -Cheese
4.2.0 Corn Snakes - Jake, Vanilla, Maple, Spooks, Goofs, Flash
1.0.0 Rat/Corn Snake - Blake
1.1.0 Black Rat Snakes - Mel, Licorice
0.1.0 Bosc Monitor - Pancake
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Postby Sarikazam » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Cheese is a cutie! It's good to see he is settling in well :D

As for taming, my advice would be to keep doing what you are doing. Food is a great way to build up trust with your bluey. Depending on where your terrarium is located you can try leaving the door open (under close supervision of course) and letting him come out to visit you. My Merauke's terrarium is on the floor and I used to sit by the door until he was curious enough to come out to explore. Reenforcing good behavior with treats always helps too.

I am not sure if you have seen this already, but Fatal_S made a great post some time ago about taming your skink.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20375

Good luck with Cheese!
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
lyxaar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Postby lyxaar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Sarikazam wrote:Cheese is a cutie! It's good to see he is settling in well :D

As for taming, my advice would be to keep doing what you are doing. Food is a great way to build up trust with your bluey. Depending on where your terrarium is located you can try leaving the door open (under close supervision of course) and letting him come out to visit you. My Merauke's terrarium is on the floor and I used to sit by the door until he was curious enough to come out to explore. Reenforcing good behavior with treats always helps too.

I am not sure if you have seen this already, but Fatal_S made a great post some time ago about taming your skink.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20375

Good luck with Cheese!


Okay, I'll keep it up! The issue with letting him just come out is a) theres a sudden at least 3 foot drop at the tank enterance and b) it's at the other side of the room! Tbh I tend to go over to him and interact with him if I notice him staring at me from the glass. Reenforcing good behavour seems like a great idea, I'll have to have a go at it.

I haven't seen that yet no, but it's helpful thank you for linking it to me!

Thanks ^^
0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink -Cheese
4.2.0 Corn Snakes - Jake, Vanilla, Maple, Spooks, Goofs, Flash
1.0.0 Rat/Corn Snake - Blake
1.1.0 Black Rat Snakes - Mel, Licorice
0.1.0 Bosc Monitor - Pancake

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 169 guests