
Blood on tail?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Scincus
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 93
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:26 am
- Country: USA
Blood on tail?
So I got home today and found what looks like blood on the tip of her tail. (It's more red than pink, I just have really shaky hands so the picture turned out pretty blurred). I'm trying to find what she could have hurt herself on. The only things in her tank are aspen shavings, a water bowl, a hide thing that's made out of stone, a basking rock, a fake vine, temp and humidity gauges, and a half hiding log. Should I do anything to clean it or leave it alone? What might she have hurt herself on? Help is much appreciated. 

Last edited by Scincus on Sat Aug 01, 2026 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Roarschak11
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 310
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 am
- Country:
- Location: Nebraska US
Re: Blood on tail?
If you could try getting a better picture that would help a lot! And as always, a trip to the vet is never a bad idea ! 
Also welcome to the site!
Also welcome to the site!
-
Romeyrider
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:00 am
- Country:
- Location: California, USA
Re: Blood on tail?
I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it were me I would just leave it alone, maybe put a little white vinager on it.
-
Scincus
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 93
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:26 am
- Country: USA
Re: Blood on tail?
Okay thanks! I'll leave it alone but watch just to make sure it doesn't get worse.
- MechHAN
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: China
Re: Blood on tail?
Mine had similar wound on the head...I blamed the tile hide,so I made a cardboard hide...
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 160 guests
