New SUPER light northern, Aggie :D

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

New SUPER light northern, Aggie :D

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:28 am

SHE'S HOME!!!! Just picked her up finally this morning and brought her home and couldn't be happier! She's so much nicer in person! And a TOTAL sweetheart! So in love already and absolutely love the name Aggie so it's stayin! She was sold to me as just a light colored northern, is that what she is? Do you guys think she's actually a she? I heard you can do the bright flashlight trick with really light colored northerns like her to determine sex, is this true? Anyway, just wanted to share my new little love!!! :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: New SUPER light northern, Aggie :D

Postby Susann » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:30 am

She is absolutely a Northern, and I confirm that she is gorgeous!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
Seadation
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Seadation » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:33 am

Looks great! That's a beautiful Northern.
Ron Couto
http://bluetonguelizards.com
@bluetonguelizards
saisaac
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby saisaac » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:44 am

She is a looker!
Seth Isaacson

1.1.0 Tiliqua scincoides intermedia (Chewy and Malla )

1.1.0 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (Mel and Lanie) 1.0.0 "Morkie" (Nigel)
221BProblematique
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby 221BProblematique » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:52 am

Beauuuutiful. And the name is perfect!
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd

Postby Ophidiophile » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Wow - is it really that light? That's a killer looking, beauty of a Northern you picked up. :thumbs:
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Yup, she's that light, in person she's a bit more....amber I guess in color but just as light. Anybody have any ideas on sex?
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Nevermind on sex! I thought I'd see how "she" reacted to my male northern and, well, he just effectively raped my poor ole Burrito. Aggie's a boy! lol.

Buddha
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Was going to say it looks male

When u say raped what exactly happened?

Did new one try and mate old one? Or just attack it?
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:54 pm

New one actually DID mate old one. He was like lighting, right up, under, in. Do male get so horny that they actually follow through like that? I understand mounting/biting but actually everting/inserting? Is my Burrito just THAT confused cuz this is the second time a male tried to actually mate him

Buddha
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:56 pm

I was expecting it to go the other way around

Buddha
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Why don't you separate as soon as one bites the shoulder of another, rather than let them mate?
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:00 pm

I did, it really was just that quick. I got the light one as a female and intended to breed with my male. 'She" Acted like a female at first, wagging tail and bobbing head walking slowly up to the male and in a blink of an eye bit the male on the shoulder, forced his tail under and everted. I separated them as soon I saw the "female" was a male

Buddha
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Weird. I've never had one, let alone two different males, that evert and penetrate so fast I can't get involved if I didn't want it to happen...
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:10 pm

I'm sorry, im sensing a little....aggression from you, is there a reason? Why would I want to mate two males? Like I said, the new male acted the way a female would expect to all the way up to way he decided to show he was a he. I bought him as a her so that's what I thought he was, wouldn't you? They were sitting parallel to each other when he latched on, I've read that females will sometime bite the male to tease him, so until he actually pushed his tail under and everted I assumed he was still a she. What else do you want me to say?

Buddha
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Absolutely no aggression what so ever. I'm not wanting you to say anything. I was just saying I found it weird. And I guess I'm feeling a little bit bad for Burrito having had to go through being penetrated by another male, again.
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:18 pm

DianaBlueTongue wrote:I bought him as a her so that's what I thought he was, wouldn't you?
No. I in no way would expect a BTS to be whatever they claimed it to be, unless it came from someone I trust who has bred BTS. And I might still question it.
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:19 pm

I asked because i swear your old ones a female,bluey males dont generally try mating other males,2 different males trying to mate another is rarer still,2 msles in particular with northerns generally fight,im talking big time,death rolls and all

Males can wiggle tail if peed off or excited,its not just a pre breeding female trait

My bet is old ones female and new ones a male otherwise you have ultra rare ones that bat for the other team

Dianna,im guessing you havnt behaviour sexed blueys till recently,from what ive seen they havnt acted at all like two males eith either pairing,if u put 2 testosterone males together its on for young and old,especially northerns,they go nuts,death rolls being common and they bite anywhere and mean to hurt
Seadation
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Seadation » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Sorry that it turned out to be a male instead if a female. I will be willing to take it off your hands I'm in need of a male. Let me know.
Ron
Ron Couto
http://bluetonguelizards.com
@bluetonguelizards
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:34 pm

The reason I think Burrito is a male is he's pushed out what I assumed were sperm plugs right in front of me recently, but when introduced to a male (now two different ones) he acts like a female, even lifting the tail for the first one (who I also bought as a female) and both males everted with the intent of actually inseminating.

I'm sorry if I seem confused but you must understand based on whats happened both times why my head would be in the clouds. Burrito has me stumped, I've gone back and forth between what sex he is a few times over the last month. He fits the desript of looking like a girl and even acts like one in a males presence with males actually WANTING to complete the act with him, but I've SEEN what look like sperm plugs come out of him.

You're right, Richard, I am very new to trying to sex blueys, and am trying to learn and be as mindful as I can, it's just everything proving to be the exact opposite (at least with my own blueys) then what I've read and heard.

I'm sorry I've upset you, Susan, as such was surely not my intent. I'm trying to learn but it's just been proving really hard. I thought I had a for sure male and bought then new one as a female and intended to breed them, so this obviously wasn't something I wanted, or even thought, would happen. Trying to breed these guys has been a real eye opener, I've been breeding lizards for years but blueys are proving to be WHOLEY different then anything I've ever experienced, and to my own ignorance, has had a few hiccups. I love my animals, wouldn't cause them harm in any way, and have never bred for the sole purpose of money. Reptiles have always been my passion, and always will. So please have no ill will, help me instead of scold.

Buddha

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”