What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Jeff » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:54 pm

I emailed him the day he first posted the ad just because I was curious to know what he was asking for them. When he told me I threw up in my mouth a little bit. For the same price I could get a pair of shinglebacks, westerns, or centralians. Why would anyone choose those over the others, even if they were a pure sub-species!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Dakota » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Jeff wrote:I emailed him the day he first posted the ad just because I was curious to know what he was asking for them. When he told me I threw up in my mouth a little bit. For the same price I could get a pair of shinglebacks, westerns, or centralians. Why would anyone chose those over the others, even if they were a pure sub-species!

That is what I'm wondering. If someone had the money to buy all these morphs, wouldn't be more rewarding to just buy and breed a Shingle, or a Western..?
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Richard.C » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Because in this day and age,people go gaga over morphs,they dont care so much if its a hybrid,or a certain species,just that its a morph

Yhe high price is because dim wits keep buying them,lol
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Spindown » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Amen Ray!

Just because somebody knows one species fairly well sure doesnt mean they have that level of knowledge for any thing else. There are a lot of things to know if you are going to be a good breeder, hence why many people specialize.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 am
Country:
Location: Buxton, UK

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby mark_w » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 am

Ray Gurgui wrote:He's just a confident B.S. artist, that hopes he can find a sucker with "a lot of money" that believes these are what (he says) they are .
When we all have seen and know the history behind this line ( IJ X Northern ) they have been around for 9 years now , the longer they are crossed to each other "and or" another species the less they will be recognizable anymore as ( IJ X Northern ).
Someone new to skinks, with cash to burn , will end up being his unsuspecting prey, and get suckered out of a lot of money for a line of B.S.


Christ I hope I don't ever make a mistake around here.

Mark.
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Ophidiophile » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 am

mark_w wrote:Christ I hope I don't ever make a mistake around here.


Continuing to misrepresent them as scincoides scincoides after being told what they are is a "mistake"? I think I must be missing your point - please elaborate.
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
User avatar
BlueTonguesOfSA
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:20 pm
Country:
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby BlueTonguesOfSA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:43 am

Ophidiophile wrote:
mark_w wrote:Christ I hope I don't ever make a mistake around here.


Continuing to misrepresent them as scincoides scincoides after being told what they are is a "mistake"? I think I must be missing your point - please elaborate.



Mark getting called out for exactly what he was worried about doing in the very next post. Classic.
- Koen

Easterns, Northerns, Meraukes, Halmahera, Classic Indos
Instagram - Blue Tongues Of SA
Facebook - BTSOFSA
LIVE Bluey Webcam! - Laptop got rained on and fried, working on another.
User avatar
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 am
Country:
Location: Buxton, UK

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby mark_w » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:48 am

What I mean David is that surely it is possible that Sean bought these animals, and is now selling them on, in good faith?
Last edited by mark_w on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
User avatar
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 am
Country:
Location: Buxton, UK

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby mark_w » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 am

BlueTonguesOfSA wrote:
Ophidiophile wrote:
mark_w wrote:Christ I hope I don't ever make a mistake around here.


Continuing to misrepresent them as scincoides scincoides after being told what they are is a "mistake"? I think I must be missing your point - please elaborate.



Mark getting called out for exactly what he was worried about doing in the very next post. Classic.


You've lost me there? What's classic?
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Dakota » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:00 am

mark_w wrote:Christ I hope I don't ever make a mistake around here.

Mark.

Hehe. :twisted:
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
BlueTonguesOfSA
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:20 pm
Country:
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby BlueTonguesOfSA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:02 am

Lame attempt at humor, i suppose.

Considering misrepresentation of a subspecies a "mistake" was perceived as a mistake, immediately after you posted that you hoped not to make one.
- Koen

Easterns, Northerns, Meraukes, Halmahera, Classic Indos
Instagram - Blue Tongues Of SA
Facebook - BTSOFSA
LIVE Bluey Webcam! - Laptop got rained on and fried, working on another.
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Ophidiophile » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:22 am

mark_w wrote:What I mean David is that surely it is possible that Sean bought these animals, and is now selling them on, in good faith?


Yes that is possible. But if he got screwed in a prior deal (i.e., he bought misrepresented animals) that doesn't justify him continuing to misrepresent them.
I notified him via email on Feb 2 after he sent me photos that his animals were identical to the IJ x Northern crosses and that's what they likely were.
I'd be shocked if I'm the only person who inquired when the ad was posted without photos and reached that conclusion.
To give him credit for dealing "in good faith" you'd have to believe that some 10 days later he still truly believes they are pure Easterns.
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Jeff » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 am

You have to realize that it is very possible that he truly does believe that they are pure T.s.s. He may simply feel that you are wrong. I assume he doesn't know you, so why would he believe you? I wouldn't automatically assume that something said about my skinks by a stranger that I had never heard of before was accurate. That's why it's so dangerous to misrepresent an animal even one time. From that point on, there will be people (especially those with a financial interest) that believe the incorrect ID no matter what else is said.

I didn't ask for pictures because I already knew what they were from the description.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Ophidiophile » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:04 am

Jeff wrote:You have to realize that it is very possible that he truly does believe that they are pure T.s.s. He may simply feel that you are wrong. I assume he doesn't know you, so why would he believe you?


Good points Jeff. I AM definitely assuming that he's heard the assessment of his animals from multiple sources at this point, but maybe I'm the only *No Abbreviating Offensive Language*. :P that contacted him.
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Dakota » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:07 am

Hence why I mentioned to Ray to PM him.....
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 am
Country:
Location: Buxton, UK

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby mark_w » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:15 am

Jeff wrote:You have to realize that it is very possible that he truly does believe that they are pure T.s.s. He may simply feel that you are wrong. I assume he doesn't know you, so why would he believe you? I wouldn't automatically assume that something said about my skinks by a stranger that I had never heard of before was accurate. That's why it's so dangerous to misrepresent an animal even one time. From that point on, there will be people (especially those with a financial interest) that believe the incorrect ID no matter what else is said.


There speaks the voice of reason 8)
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Ophidiophile » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:33 am

I do want to say that I did not start this thread to dump on Sean. I wanted confirmation of my strong belief that they were in fact the IJ x Northern crosses.
That said, with confirmation I suppose it was predictable that the thread would go negative very quickly. Sorry about that - I dislike "drama" probably more than most.
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
User avatar
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 am
Country:
Location: Buxton, UK

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby mark_w » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:54 am

Ophidiophile wrote:I do want to say that I did not start this thread to dump on Sean. I wanted confirmation of my strong belief that they were in fact the IJ x Northern crosses.
That said, with confirmation I suppose it was predictable that the thread would go negative very quickly. Sorry about that - I dislike "drama" probably more than most.


Well said David!
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
Alexander
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:57 pm
Country:
Location: Germany

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby Alexander » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:57 am

Can somebody from Australia please let us know if there is such a morph available in Australia?
SeanUK
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:13 pm
Country:

Re: What do u think about alleged patternless "Easterns"?

Postby SeanUK » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:42 pm

I sincerely wish people would ask my permission before they go ahead and post my pics. The animals in question were sold originally as scincoides scincoides, They are not from Denmark as some people seem to think. They also have faint eye bands on them. I have many rare tiliqua and i have pure scincoides with eye bands NSW local as well as other morphs, species and locals. I have seen tiliqua morphs in Hamm or being sold over the years as scincoides scincoides, then i have seen tiliqua morphs identical being labelled as intermedia from the most knowledgable breeders in Europe without mentioning names. Surely these people must know or maybe they dont? I personally know very well most of these breeders as they have purchased animals from me or visa versa. Back to my original point please ask my permission in future before posting my pics as i find this very rude. This is why i dont post on forums anymore!


Thanks to Mark W and monitorlizards

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 200 guests