size range of land mullets

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
kl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Re: size range of land mullets

Postby kl » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:52 pm

I don't know what they would sell for here anymore but the guy who offered them to me last yr started with a 3500 euro per animal price. When I bought my trio in 2005 I paid $1200 for all 3. Despite the fact they never bred for me that is still the best deal I've ever gotten on lizards. I've really enjoyed keeping them.

Kim
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:16 pm

Nice rory,is that early for them up there?

The little tackers are slowly getting more bold,a couple popped out yesterday and climbed over blotchies to get to the food bowl which is a good sign,still quite timid though
RoryBreaker
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby RoryBreaker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Richard.C wrote:Nice rory,is that early for them up there?

The little tackers are slowly getting more bold,a couple popped out yesterday and climbed over blotchies to get to the food bowl which is a good sign,still quite timid though

One of those pairs are my old breeding pair. When they bred for me, it was an early March birth. But that was in a very wet year when we had the big flood.

Sorry Jeff, I wasn't even trying to rub it in. :noknow: I'll try harder next time. :)
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 pm

I guess it does warm up early up there so early is always possable,seeing alot of easterns and even blotchies have already dropped up there,probably alot to do with how they are set up

Be interesting to see if mine drop this year,and if they do when,they were pretty quiet till november which is when the female got roughed up a bit
SkyRocket
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby SkyRocket » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 am

A stunning species - look like huge, smooth Cunningham's skinks. I have never seen one for sale in Europe, which is a great shame.
1.0.2 E.Cunninghami
1.1 V.storri storri
1.1 M.spilota spilota
1.0 R.leachianus henkeli
Lauriek
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Lauriek » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:22 am

mark_w wrote:This obviously applies to all of us. We'll have to start a "geeky reptile loving blokes with uninterested wives" subforum.

Nah. We need to re-write this.

"geeky reptile loving women with uninterested husbands" subforum. :lol:
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)

Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.

Return to “Other Skink Species”