Hello All !!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Lauriek
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
Country:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Hello All !!

Postby Lauriek » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:52 pm

How are we all?

As all of you can see, I haven't posted for ages and ages and ages. LIFE has got in the way!
I've advertised blotchies for sale as I can't keep them all. Barnum's remaining 3 babies and Bliss's 5.
I can't keep them all unfortunately. I think I just said that :roll: :doh: Don't have the space.

All the skinks are doing well. Bliss is still agressive when she has food placed in front of her and is shedding at the moment so is quite bad tempered. She bit me last week when I had a piece of cooked chicken in my fingers. I was just going to put it down for her youngsters to nibble on & she came racing out from under her tea towel having morphed into a raging reptile and clamped her jaws onto my fingers. Ouch!

I've got Bailey in with the shingles as he's the boy and I don't want any more baby blotchies, cute as they are. And no, I don't think there will be any shingle/blotchie crosses.
Hopefully I'll be able to reorganise Life and post more often. 2013 has been hectic.
Think I might have to post some pictures !
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)

Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Richard.C » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Cant speak for anyone else but all good here laurie,glad all is well with you,life dies get hectic at times
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Jeff » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:36 pm

:wink: This is like one of those “low maintenance” friendships where you can disappear for 6 months or a year, and when you come back it’s like you never left. I love it when people who have been away for awhile are able to get back to the forum. I hope you will have more time in 2014.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Lauriek
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
Country:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Lauriek » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks, Jeff. I'm going to make more time for the forum. The family has had some challenges (the human family not the skink family !! :lol: ) in the past 18 months or so and somehow the forum seems to be last on my (never ending) list of things to do. I'm trying to convince people that christmas is 372 days away... nah, I didn't think you'd believe that either !!
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)

Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
User avatar
TJreptiles
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:16 am
Your Facebook name: Tristan Dudder
Country:
Location: Ca

Re: Hello All !!

Postby TJreptiles » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Glad your back? Don't think I've gotten the privilege of commenting or seeing your posts. But I consider myself part of the forum family now. So :ohyes: :ohyes: :clap: :clap: WELCOME BACK! :banana: :bday: :bday:
2.1.4 Northern's
User avatar
El Lobo
The Blotched Brigade
The Blotched Brigade
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mountains Australia

Re: Hello All !!

Postby El Lobo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi Laurie - good to see you back around. :hug:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Scotts1au » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:23 pm

:heyho: Hi Laurie
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Katrina » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:27 am

Laurie! Good to see you back. :D

:hug:
User avatar
Lauriek
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
Country:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Lauriek » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:17 am

Thanks Katrina. It's nice to be back! :D
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)

Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Coomassie » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:20 am

Hi Laurie! It is nice to have you back.
Cay T.
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Lea » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:49 am

Hi, Laurie! It's great to see you again! I've been hectic and busy and haven't had a whole lot of time to wallow in the lizard world, but it's always good to come and see the old timers again. Welcome back! I can't wait for pictures of your babies, once you have some time!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Hello All !!

Postby Dakota » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 am

Hello Lauriek, I guess you would consider me a new member of the family as well! :D
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 251 guests