type of BTS
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
btskinktom
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:23 pm
- Country:
- Location: 34112
type of BTS
Can anyone tell me what speices of BT this is? I have looked at pics and studying then and I think it is a Tanimbar but I could be wrong.Im interested in breeding him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: type of BTS
You have an Irian Jaya. Great BTS to keep! welcome to thee forum.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: type of BTS
Oh yeah, IJ's are not a formally described species. Currrently they are officially called Tiliqua ssp. For those who don't feel comforrtable with that, they fall under the banner of Tiliqua gigas evanescence until they get officially described as a unique sub species. Most feel that they will eventually be recognized as a sub species, it just hasn't happened yet..
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: type of BTS
Hi and welcome!
He's got a lovely face, really sleepy looking. I bet he was loving that sunshine.
He's got a lovely face, really sleepy looking. I bet he was loving that sunshine.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: type of BTS
Very handsome IJ.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: type of BTS
Looks like a big boy, also.. IMO.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: type of BTS
Merauke x IJ IMO
I see clear patterns from both.
I see clear patterns from both.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: type of BTS
ML, I don't understand your ID methods at all.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- BruinsEv
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 209
- Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: type of BTS
Welcome to the forums, very nice looking skink.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: type of BTS
Fatal_S wrote:ML, I don't understand your ID methods at all.
When was the last time I was wrong?
I'll say my reasoning tomorrow.
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: type of BTS
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Fatal_S wrote:ML, I don't understand your ID methods at all.
When was the last time I was wrong?
I'll say my reasoning tomorrow.
This kind of post is why many people have a hard time respecting your opinion. Don't say stuff lime this J.J. Just wait until you can answer respectfully.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- El Lobo
- The Blotched Brigade

- Posts: 3405
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
- Country:
- Location: Blue Mountains Australia
Re: type of BTS
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Fatal_S wrote:ML, I don't understand your ID methods at all.
When was the last time I was wrong?
Why didn't you reply to this if you're never wrong? It was after all a thread YOU started.
Zach wrote:Katrina wrote:xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:It is an IJ.
How do you know it's an IJ? Just curious....
Yeah, how do you know for sure?
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:I'll say my reasoning tomorrow.
Aww, please don't leave us hanging in suspense.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
-
btskinktom
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:23 pm
- Country:
- Location: 34112
Re: type of BTS
Thank you all for the comments 
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: type of BTS
Welcome to the forum!
Looks like an IJ to me.
ML - exactly what Jeff said.
ML - exactly what Jeff said.
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: type of BTS
welcome,looks ij to me to,not sure what ml is going off,or why he says wait till tommorrow
never been wrong ml? didnt u post a thread about melanistic indos that were actually easterns?
never been wrong ml? didnt u post a thread about melanistic indos that were actually easterns?
- Zalder
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 68
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York, The United States of America
Re: type of BTS
Beautiful animal
, I'd suggest clipping his/her nails though, otherwise his/her toes will bend irreversibly. Welcome to the forum 
"for there is nothing/either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Hamlet, in Hamlet by Shakespeare
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: type of BTS
Looks IJ to me! Hes so pretty, I just love the look hes giving you in the second picture, looks like a little dinosaur 
I dont know if we are ever going to understand ML's IDing methods when it comes to the whole "IJ/Merauke" thing...
I dont know if we are ever going to understand ML's IDing methods when it comes to the whole "IJ/Merauke" thing...
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: type of BTS
SapphireTigress wrote:I dont know if we are ever going to understand ML's IDing methods when it comes to the whole "IJ/Merauke" thing...
I don't either.. I can't wait to see what he has to say.. I see no Merauke, but then again.. I could be wrong.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: type of BTS
Its always in the realm of possibility, but hes rather obsessed with Ij's or Meraukes being hybrids of both, which is silly since the classification of the two is still rather up in the air 
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
-
Bluish
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 am
- Country:
- Location: Toronto, Canada
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 225 guests


