I'm New

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
MissC89
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:09 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby MissC89 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:22 pm

DrakeLineous12 wrote:Do you have Petcos in Canada?


Not that I know of, unless here they call it PetsMart. Basically the same idea.
"They look slimy" - boyfriend
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: I'm New

Postby Spindown » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Captive bred and born is always best, but my merauke is the sweetest of them all and I highly doubt she was captive bred OR born.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: I'm New

Postby Fatal_S » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:29 pm

I would just like to point out that the skink you saw was almost guaranteed not to be an eastern. Pet stores just label all their skinks as easterns (it's called the common blue tongue skink). Most likely it was an irian jaya, merauke, or indo (all wild commonly wild caught for the pet trade) or possibly a northern (only captive bred). Easterns basically do not exist in Canada at this time.
Laurenk
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby Laurenk » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh yeah, I might of implied that! :lol: Here is a pic of the rescue. Okay, never mind, I can't figure out how to post a photo from my Iphone?
Lauren

Proud owner of: 1.0.0. Normal Corn Snake (Snickers)
0.1.0. Merauke (Cocoa)
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby Katrina » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Welcome, Lauren!

If you add the picture to photobucket or a similar site you can link it from an iPhone.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: I'm New

Postby Coomassie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:03 am

Hi Lauren! Welcome to the site. I heard you were talking to my husband on another site... :lol:
Cay T.
Laurenk
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby Laurenk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:04 pm

I was, Geckos Unlimited I believe it's called. I thought he was you! How is the Cuckoomassie anyway?
Lauren

Proud owner of: 1.0.0. Normal Corn Snake (Snickers)
0.1.0. Merauke (Cocoa)
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: I'm New

Postby Richard.C » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 pm

if more people kept tannies,i think they would be capable of being as friendly as any other species,if nervous,stressed or scared,any species could be labled a nut case species

i think tannies get a bad wrap over all,due to being commonly a shyer species and alot that formed that basis were recently imported wild ones,iver never kept them so may be off base a bit,i have a hard time thinking of tiliqua as aggressive,as even the feisty ones are quite handable compared to other species
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby BruinsEv » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:00 am

Welcome fellow Canadian! As far as shaved aspen, you should never have trouble finding it. I am in the Niagara Region and every pet store (including the 3 or 4 petsmarts I've been in) within a 50km radius of my house has shaved aspen !
Laurenk
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby Laurenk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Hey, you oonly live 2 hours away from me, cool! And I'll check at Petsmart, eh? (hehehehe)
Lauren

Proud owner of: 1.0.0. Normal Corn Snake (Snickers)
0.1.0. Merauke (Cocoa)
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: I'm New

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Canadians... :roll:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
Laurenk
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby Laurenk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:10 pm

:twisted: Yes, the Canadians will rule the world! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! I mean, uh... MEEP! :hehe:
Lauren

Proud owner of: 1.0.0. Normal Corn Snake (Snickers)
0.1.0. Merauke (Cocoa)
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: I'm New

Postby Coomassie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Laurenk wrote:I was, Geckos Unlimited I believe it's called. I thought he was you! How is the Cuckoomassie anyway?


Coomassie is my big lover skink. He begs to come out every morning and every night. My husband is a little jealous I think. He knows the skink is the love of my life...
Cay T.
Laurenk
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby Laurenk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Sounds adorable! Do you have any oictures on here?
Lauren

Proud owner of: 1.0.0. Normal Corn Snake (Snickers)
0.1.0. Merauke (Cocoa)
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: I'm New

Postby Coomassie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:16 am

I haven't posted any recent ones. I should probably do that some time soon...
Cay T.
Laurenk
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby Laurenk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:19 pm

That would be cool.
Lauren

Proud owner of: 1.0.0. Normal Corn Snake (Snickers)
0.1.0. Merauke (Cocoa)
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby BruinsEv » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Laurenk wrote:Hey, you oonly live 2 hours away from me, cool! And I'll check at Petsmart, eh? (hehehehe)


hahaha nice!
Laurenk
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: I'm New

Postby Laurenk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:16 pm

I know! Pretty cool!
Lauren

Proud owner of: 1.0.0. Normal Corn Snake (Snickers)
0.1.0. Merauke (Cocoa)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 182 guests