crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
taniya91
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 pm
Country:
Location: saint louis

crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby taniya91 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm

i was watching tv eating yogurt and crackerjack was chilling on my lap....i got into the show and did one of those -rest the food on your lap and forget there is an animal there too things- ive done it with my cat and icecream before and lost my icecream...anyways my yogurt cup started moving i looked down and crackerjack is trying to pick all the fruit chunks out of it he got a nice mouth full of yogurt...now seeing a skink with a beard of yogurt was quite amusing and he wasnt happy about the bath he then got....

.... but then my worry kicks in.... yogurts not going to hurt him will it????????? :shock: please say no
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Linnea » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:17 am

pretty sure it will be okay. he will have a tummy ache and it will come out.

but you dont want to feed your bluey diary products. they cant digest milk like most humans can.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Coomassie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:20 am

Coomassie has gotten into more people food than I care to admit to. He once ran off with half an english muffin. I got it away from him before he got more than a bite but the fact is BTS are scavengers. I'm sure wild ones have eaten far worse. I wouldn't make a habit of it but there is probably no need to worry.
Cay T.
User avatar
Vegasarah
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm
Country:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Vegasarah » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53 pm

I've heard of people giving small amount of yogurt to BTS to help with stomach issues due to illness or medication! It's nothing to worry about, it will not harm him. Might get some weird poo out of him but I wouldn't panic ;)
taniya91
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 pm
Country:
Location: saint louis

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby taniya91 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm

well thats a relief ...he is acting like his normal self so i dont think he is having any tummy problems... guess we will find out when he poops if it looks funny ...he rather enjoyed himself and looked proud for managing to steal my yogurt but i got him back with the bath :P
next time i wont eat yogurt and let crackerjack sit on my lap though...lesson learned
User avatar
tylociraptor
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 pm
Country:
Location: NB, Canada

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby tylociraptor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 am

Coomassie wrote:Coomassie has gotten into more people food than I care to admit to. He once ran off with half an english muffin. I got it away from him before he got more than a bite but the fact is BTS are scavengers. I'm sure wild ones have eaten far worse. I wouldn't make a habit of it but there is probably no need to worry.


I can't help but laugh at the mental image of a skink running off with an english muffin in it's mouth, LOL!! So cute!

@ Taniya... I have heard of skinks getting into worse things. In the wild they'll happily snack on dead, rotting wallaby and saltbush, neither are things you'd want to offer in captivity, I'm sure. While it's something you should definately avoid, accidents happen, especially if you have food near your bluies. That's why I wait till after I've eaten to let Misha out. It's not too bad if she ate my veggies, but I can't imagine her touching something processed!

But your post gives me the nice idea to feed her berries on my lap while I watch Netflix with her... sounds like a great time. :)
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Rani-May » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 pm

one of mine licked my ice cream bowl semi clean before :/ tutt tut. sneaky skinky
Sandlizard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:19 pm
Country:
Location: Malaya

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Sandlizard » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Lactose sugar in milk would have been converted into lactic acid in yogurt, accounting for the sour taste. Otherwise there should have been nothing too exotic for a reptile to be eating, i think.
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Spindown » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:22 pm

I never get tired of telling people about my old IJ that gobbled down a lucky charms marshmellow...She also tried to eat my computer mouse :D
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Lauriek
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
Country:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Lauriek » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 am

SapphireTigress wrote:I never get tired of telling people about my old IJ that gobbled down a lucky charms marshmellow...She also tried to eat my computer mouse :D

:rofl: eat your computer mouse :rofl:
I've just fallen about with laughter :D
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)

Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Rani-May » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:02 pm

my blueys try to eat the keys on my wireless keyboard :/ might be why the space button is harder to press now days. Also cant wear nail polish, they mistake my fingies for grapes :/
or there is this video of one of my babies. he is obsessed with the rubber lining of the carpet. cant go past it without spending at least half hour trying to munch on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_kHqOqCSs
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....

Postby Spindown » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Yeah, they eat really silly things. I have photos of the marshmellow going down her gullet and her trying to eat my mouse, so I have proof :D
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 218 guests