Update on Calypso

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Update on Calypso

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:43 am

Well in case anyone has missed my other thread, Caylpso is definitely a confirmed female! With considerable and very much appreciated advise from Jeff & Richard, we have started the breeding process with Caylpso and Thor. They have mated 3 times in the last week, hoping for a couple more, but Calypso doesn't seem to be "in the mood" anymore. We purchased Calypso as an adult this past April. She is a very big girl! Weighed her 12/14/12 to have a baseline to go from in case she is gravid. Current weight- 1137g, and length is 23 1/2". One of the reasons I am being super cautious about Thor and Calypso's matings is her size. She could do some real damage as Thor is only 600g, and 21 1/2". He has done very well with the matings, got right to business, and up until yesterday she had been cooperative. She has been basking for longer periods the past few days. Tried to upload two new photos of her, but I get a message saying the photos are too large? Strange because it was taken with my cell phone and I have always been able to post those pictures? I will try to get new ones later and try again.
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Update on Calypso

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Ok I took some more photos, so I will try this again. We were successful in getting 1 more mating today, that's a total of 4 so I feel good about that number. Calypso got pretty scraped up on the shoulder today and was trying to get away more than previous sessions so I am going to stop at this point. Now it's just a waiting game! She has refused treats of fruit, and today an egg, for the past 2-3 days, which is very!! unusual for her. I'm not sure if that is a good sign, but I know people have mentioned their females not eating during the earliest time of being gravid. So here's hoping!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Update on Calypso

Postby Richard.C » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Weight wise she looks good,females are generally solider than males,they need extra weight on for the process of having babies,once they have babies they look like a flaccid bag of bones
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Update on Calypso

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Richard.C wrote:Weight wise she looks good,females are generally solider than males,they need extra weight on for the process of having babies,once they have babies they look like a flaccid bag of bones


Oh she's solid alright :lol: A big chunk of a girl! I plan to feed her 2x a week for the babies, of course she will need a diet if it turns out she is not gravid :roll:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 208 guests