Getting a baby BTS

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
RobbieTime#10
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 pm
Country:
Location: Winnipeg

Getting a baby BTS

Postby RobbieTime#10 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi everybody !
I'm new here and I've been wanting a CB Baby northern for along time.
I want to get one for Christmas .
Where could I get one in Winnipeg? I have all supplies ready but what is better, under tank heating or just bulbs?

Thanks, Robbie
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Getting a baby BTS

Postby Bird_Brain » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Welcome! Wait a little longer and I'm sure Fatal_s will reply. I believe she still has a few and lives in Winnipeg.
Brad
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Getting a baby BTS

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I do live in Winnipeg, and I do have several babies looking for new homes. You can check photos of my babies at www.MelsExotics.ca and/or e-mail me at MelanieJPratt@gmail.com for more information.

I prefer bulbs for heating since skinks like to bask under warm light, but I've also used under-tank heating with success. Mostly I use UTH as an additional heat source to bring up the temperature a bit when needed. All my skinks love basking on their tiles under the light after a big meal.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 227 guests