Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
im not saying its wrong im just saying it would be frowned upon here. im gathering he gets lots of exercise out of it anyway?
People here are just VERY protective of reptiles and think certain ways. a guy from one of the after hours rescue checks out your enclosure and all before allowing you to take a BTS. its really quite good 
-
tiliqua38
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am
- Country:
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
Oh, I know you weren't saying it was wrong. Lots of people use the 1.5 x 3 enclosures. But I agree that something more like 2 x 4 is more ideal.
mixed breed - Cocoa RIP
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
Welcome to the forum.
Skinks do enjoy some room to move. The bigger the better!
Skinks do enjoy some room to move. The bigger the better!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
-
tiliqua38
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am
- Country:
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
LeaBilby wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Skinks do enjoy some room to move. The bigger the better!
Thanks, but I've been a member of the forum since 2007!
mixed breed - Cocoa RIP
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
-
tiliqua38
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am
- Country:
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
On my turtle and tortoise forums, some people connect two of these enclosures as well, so that is an option. I was thinking of trying it. Anyway, here is a pic of Bubba out and about in his enclosure. For reference, he is a large BTS at about 24 inches. Another reason I would like to try connecting a second one.

And here is a link to the tub, which I buy at Walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-50- ... m/15940602

And here is a link to the tub, which I buy at Walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-50- ... m/15940602
Last edited by tiliqua38 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mixed breed - Cocoa RIP
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
tiliqua38 wrote:LeaBilby wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Skinks do enjoy some room to move. The bigger the better!
Thanks, but I've been a member of the forum since 2007!
Sorry ... your subject title misled me.
Well, umm, welcome anyway, even if I am five years too late!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
I would definitely look at connecting two, if you can. He looks quite a snug fit in there and it must be getting slightly tight on the turn without being able to fully straighten out.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
-
tiliqua38
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am
- Country:
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
LeaBilby wrote:tiliqua38 wrote:LeaBilby wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Skinks do enjoy some room to move. The bigger the better!
Thanks, but I've been a member of the forum since 2007!
Sorry ... your subject title misled me.
Well, umm, welcome anyway, even if I am five years too late!
Oh, I'm not the OP of this particular thread. The OP wanted to see how I converted tubs into enclosures, so I was showing the OP.
mixed breed - Cocoa RIP
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
Ok, I must be more tired than I thought! I'm sorry, I'll go back and reread and work out who said what and what's going on!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
No, I was ok! I was replying to discojaguar in the beginning, but then you quoted me saying you'd been a member for ages- that's when I got mixed up. Sorry for the confusion.
Ok, we'll, now I will again welcome disco, in case they missed it and again say that more room would be a benefit, as well as a giving you a more content skink.
Ok, we'll, now I will again welcome disco, in case they missed it and again say that more room would be a benefit, as well as a giving you a more content skink.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
-
tiliqua38
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am
- Country:
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
Sorry to confuse you!!
mixed breed - Cocoa RIP
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
tiliqua38 wrote:Sorry to confuse you!!
No permanent damage done
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
-
discojaguar
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 12
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
LeaBilby wrote:tiliqua38 wrote:Sorry to confuse you!!
No permanent damage done![]()
Sorry I am the op!
Thank you for the pictures! I wouldn't have thought of using a 10gallon screen cover like that! I'll definitely be doing that!
-
tiliqua38
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am
- Country:
Re: Hello new to the forum with my new NBTS
discojaguar wrote:LeaBilby wrote:tiliqua38 wrote:Sorry to confuse you!!
No permanent damage done![]()
Sorry I am the op!I did ask for the tub pictures that have been provided!
. Reason being, I tend to move around a lot and trying to pack up giant glass enclosures makes me a bit nervous.
Thank you for the pictures! I wouldn't have thought of using a 10gallon screen cover like that! I'll definitely be doing that!
If you use a screen cover meant for a 15/20H aquarium, the screen cover will lay atop the tub with no problem. If you use a screen cover for a 10 gallon it is just barely long enough to go across the end of the tub so you would have to silicone it on there so it doesn't fall into the enclosure. Does that make sense?
mixed breed - Cocoa RIP
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
shih tzu - Gizmo
Chihuahua - Marley
terrier/Chihuahua mix - Kendra
tortie cat - Angel RIP
black cat - Jake RIP
Irian Jaya BTS - Bubba
2 Leopard geckos - Bert and Ernie
Three toed/gulf coast integrade box turtle - Peanut
Three toed box turtle - Pebbles
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 349 guests
