Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Shortie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-R3cix9iWg&feature=plcp

This was pretty risky for me as he was pretty aggressive towards anything that came into his home. He even used to attack his own food and water bowls!! Anyways, enjoy this little clip of him eating grapes! :D
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
CarlyM
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm
Country: Usa

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby CarlyM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Cute!
0.0.1 Northern- Scruffy
1.0.0 Indonesian- Bender
0.0.1 Irian Jaya x Northern- Dil
User avatar
Vegasarah
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm
Country:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Vegasarah » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:54 pm

I had to start tong-feeding Rocket because he gets into a feeding frenzy whenever anything comes into his tank. Water bowls. food bowls, even my hands. I have to quickly scoop him up when I do take him out because he learned that my hand in tank = food. I'm trying to break that habit and target-train him on the tongs. Just be careful about hand-feeding because it makes things tricky because they learn it fast lol. Cute video!
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Rani-May » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:01 pm

very cute. loves those grapes :)
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Shortie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Vegasarah wrote:I had to start tong-feeding Rocket because he gets into a feeding frenzy whenever anything comes into his tank. Water bowls. food bowls, even my hands. I have to quickly scoop him up when I do take him out because he learned that my hand in tank = food. I'm trying to break that habit and target-train him on the tongs. Just be careful about hand-feeding because it makes things tricky because they learn it fast lol. Cute video!


I tong feed Slinky most of the time cause of his aggression towards things going in his home in the past. He used to go mad and attack his water dish, food bowls, the feeding tongs and even my fingers and he also cornered my boyfriend one day when he was running about the hall way and tried to eat my boyfriends toes!! But over time he's calmed down. I bought grapes up to snack on and caught him peeking so I decided to hand feed him and see what would happen. But I won't be doing this often incase he does think fingers equal food AGAIN! Lol! Call me crazy, but I kinda miss his aggressive ways!
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
User avatar
Bluei
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:21 am
Country:
Location: Australia

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Bluei » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 am

Slinky looks amazing! :D
May i ask how you came up with your name although? :)
Blue Tongue Lizards , My Lifestyle , My Choice! <3 <3 <3 <3
Cleopatra_the_skink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: Canada

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Cleopatra_the_skink » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:15 pm

she looks so cute!! And i love the name slinky that is adorable
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Shortie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:03 am

Bluei wrote:Slinky looks amazing! :D
May i ask how you came up with your name although? :)


Originally when I took him home, he was gonna be named 'Satan' because of his hissing and striking towards me and others! Then my boyfriend wanted to call him Slinky because he's very long with short legs like Slinky out of Toy Story! So that's how he got his name :)
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Rani-May » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Shortie wrote:
Bluei wrote:Slinky looks amazing! :D
May i ask how you came up with your name although? :)


Originally when I took him home, he was gonna be named 'Satan' because of his hissing and striking towards me and others! Then my boyfriend wanted to call him Slinky because he's very long with short legs like Slinky out of Toy Story! So that's how he got his name :)

LOL this is great. and something my bf would think of to name a pet too
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Shortie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Just a shame my bf won't commit to handling Slinky :( not like he lives here anyways but still lol!

http://www.youtube.com/user/pandora182?feature=mhee Here's a video of Slinky drinking! Just thought I'd share it cause he's cute :)
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Rani-May » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

My partner has blueys too :) im lucky hehe. gotta admit i love seeing them drink, especially when they lift their heads right up afterwards :)
User avatar
Niels D
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm
Country:
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Niels D » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 am

Nice vid!
Greetings from The Lowlands

0.0.2 T.g.evanescens (Grendel and Scylla)
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Shortie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:26 pm

My bf doesn't like Slinky much, especially after he bit him lmao!!! I love seeing him drink! Shame I couldn't take the video on my good camera, he's scared of it!! Luckily my phone has a pretty decent camera! Have you got videos of your skinks???

Thank you Niels :D
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Rani-May » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:06 am

ive only got pictures of most the skinks in my house because i actually only personally look after 2, Crowley and Flizzardo. The rest my partner either found or adopted and i help look after but they are his to video and what not. Ive only just recently started to take videos of my baby Crowley because i wanted to see all the changes as he grows. He is the first baby bluey we have ever had so he has kind of become my favourite :love:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rmbarwick

I have a few videos of the baby here. unfortunately most are from a crappy phone so the quality is poor :( but you can still see how incredibly adorable he is :D
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Shortie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Rani-May wrote:ive only got pictures of most the skinks in my house because i actually only personally look after 2, Crowley and Flizzardo. The rest my partner either found or adopted and i help look after but they are his to video and what not. Ive only just recently started to take videos of my baby Crowley because i wanted to see all the changes as he grows. He is the first baby bluey we have ever had so he has kind of become my favourite :love:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rmbarwick

I have a few videos of the baby here. unfortunately most are from a crappy phone so the quality is poor :( but you can still see how incredibly adorable he is :D


He is CUTE!!!!! I love your videos! They have some crazy moments lol! I wish I had Slinky since he was a tiny baby! I got him at 8 months so he was pretty much fully grown when I got him!
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]

Postby Rani-May » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 am

this is my first baby. ive only ever had full grown ones too. i really should do another video, havent for a little bit and i want to keep doing them so i can go back and watch the growth spurts :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 160 guests