Am I wrong to assume that she is enjoying her time with me? Am I stressing her out and not knowing it? I had a Northern skink a few years ago that would tense up and huff like crazy and he never once peed on me.
Cheers,
Vanessa





ReptileKing wrote:I would disagree. Reptiles don't "pee" in the sense mammals urinate. When a reptile urinates it is in the firm of urates, or solid pee. This is typically excreted when they poop. From my experience when they release excess water it has always been stressed, as if it is a defense mechanism.


but i believe if you know your animal, you should be able to at least be suss of stress




canadiangirl wrote:Great replies, thanks!
She is still new tp me so it is true, I can't say for sure that she isn't stressed. I am used to monitor lizards that make it pretty clear when they are stressed or displeased![]()
I do see her very active in her enclosure ( which when I first got her she hid for the first couple days), she comes right over to the doors when the tank is open. She will move around on me until she seems to find a "comfy" spot and then she just chills out, or so it seems. The liquid was pure liquid, no urates whats so ever. No, odour, or colour either. So when I brought her home she was shedding. Her belly has been pretty peachy in colour and I assumed she just had a nice coloured belly. Is it possibly her belly is getting ready to shed, thus going through the "milky" stage like a snake?? Her whole underbelly felt wet when I lifted her.![]()
Cheers

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 321 guests