where did you buy your blue tongue?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
mjk19
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 pm
Country:
Location: USA Pennsylvania

where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby mjk19 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the help so far. My northern bts will be here tuesday. I ordered from www.captivebred.com They have been an awesome help and I would order from them again. Has anyone purchased any bts from them? if so would can you post the pics of them? Thanks again.
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Kurt » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 pm

mjk19 wrote:Hey everyone! Thanks for all the help so far. My northern bts will be here tuesday. I ordered from http://www.captivebred.com They have been an awesome help and I would order from them again. Has anyone purchased any bts from them? if so would can you post the pics of them? Thanks again.



I got a baby from Donna this year too! I've posted some pics on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21545
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Coomassie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Mine came from the local fish/reptile pet store. They special ordered him for me from somewhere in CA.
Cay T.
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby bella3 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:42 pm

I got Juno from Pink T Monkey, a breeder on this site :)
Oosie505
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:43 pm
Country:
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Oosie505 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:54 pm

I just received my little Northern on Thursday from Donna at CaptiveBred.com...somehow UPS screwed up the delivery confirmation (surprise, surprise) and Donna was getting multiple notifications about issues with the skink's arrival (after I had picked him up from the UPS hub, so she contacted me so concerned as to if he had arrived safely. Just goes show how much she cares. There's pics of him in the thread I just posted: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21641
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby AnnaMonroe » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 pm

I recently receieved my IJ Spyro from Zach and Holly (makers of this site). He's awesome!!(:
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 pm

AnnaMonroe wrote:I recently receieved my IJ Spyro from Zach and Holly (makers of this site). He's awesome!!(:


I really want a Pearl northern from Zach and Holly. Unfortunately I have no vacancy. Hopefully I can find a tank on CL before next season!
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Jeff » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Just bought one today at the Tucson Reptile Expo from a breeder that I have known for years. I also took one of my babies with me to deliver to someone in Tucson who bought him from me. I just don't understand why my wife doesn't see how it makes sense to take one skink away, and bring another one home on the same day. Non-skink people are just weird.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Jeff wrote:Just bought one today at the Tucson Reptile Expo from a breeder that I have known for years. I also took one of my babies with me to deliver to someone in Tucson who bought him from me. I just don't understand why my wife doesn't see how it makes sense to take one skink away, and bring another one hoome on the same day. Non-skink people are just weird.




:banana: :spot: :banana: :ryo:
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Richard.C » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 am

Jeff,what did u pick up
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby LarissaLurid » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:42 am

I got mine from deerfern farms
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
tgcorley
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:44 pm
Country:
Location: SE Pennsylvania

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby tgcorley » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm

We got Wali, our Northern BTS, from Jeff Greene (he's one of the moderators of this forum, and a great guy). Also, I know that Donna and Tad Fitzgerald are experienced and reliable folks and you could not go wrong buying a BTS from them.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Richard.C » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 pm

some from members off here,some from classifieds,some from petshops,some given back to me from relos ect i gave juvies to and they lost interest or bluey outgrew there enclosures
Cathy20
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Southwest Ohio, USA

Re: where did you buy your blue tongue?

Postby Cathy20 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:03 pm

I really don't want to seem braggy here, but I got Wyatt for FREE about a year ago from my biology teacher. She had been fostering him for about four years after he'd been with another teacher for about 3 or so and still hadn't found a home for him, so I jumped at the opportunity :) didnt even know much about blueys back then
Love your life! God only knows how long it will last! :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 197 guests