I have the basking light on one side and wondered if I shouls run the UVB tobe the length of the cage or just turn ot so it is near basking side?
Was at NARBC in Anaheim yesterday,,,quite a few BTS.
UVB tube full length of enclosure? and NARBC
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
financier
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:04 pm
- Country:
- Location: West Hollywood, CA
- donkeybuff
- Coffee Connoisseur

- Posts: 1592
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: California
Re: UVB tube full length of enclosure? and NARBC
I'm not too sure, but I think that the UVB can run the full length as long as the skink can burrow or go into a hide. I wish NARBC came to northern california 
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
- craigb
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:26 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: California
- Contact:
Re: UVB tube full length of enclosure? and NARBC
I was at NARBC both days representing the California Reptile and Invertebrate Society. Were you the person that asked me about lighting ? I use just regular flourescent tubes in my reptile room. I have not seen any ill effects on my three over the passed four years. I do feed them a wide variety or food though. This is a great site. It has been too long since I have actually logged in and posted anything.
I have two female adult Northerns and one male hybrid Irian Jaya/ Northern I produced three years ago. I tried breeding the two Northerns with another Northern whose owner lives relatively close by. The male was almost three years old when we attempted the breedings. He hooked up with one twice, yet did not show interest with the other.
I am not sure what the issue was but neither females became gravid.
We will try again next year if possible.

I have two female adult Northerns and one male hybrid Irian Jaya/ Northern I produced three years ago. I tried breeding the two Northerns with another Northern whose owner lives relatively close by. The male was almost three years old when we attempted the breedings. He hooked up with one twice, yet did not show interest with the other.
I am not sure what the issue was but neither females became gravid.
We will try again next year if possible.
Education is expensive.
Ignorance is priceless
1.2 Northerns 1.1 Merauke
Ignorance is priceless
1.2 Northerns 1.1 Merauke
- craigb
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:26 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: California
- Contact:
Re: UVB tube full length of enclosure? and NARBC
You Northern California Folks do get the Sacramento Reptile Show. There will be a lot of venomous there on display. The vendor list looks to be pretty much the same as NARBC...
http://upscalereptiles.com/2011/?page_id=19
Everyone else on our side of the pond (not down under) gets a Repticon show relatively close.
http://repticon.com
Hopefully lots of Blueys and supplies....
http://upscalereptiles.com/2011/?page_id=19
Everyone else on our side of the pond (not down under) gets a Repticon show relatively close.
http://repticon.com
Hopefully lots of Blueys and supplies....
Education is expensive.
Ignorance is priceless
1.2 Northerns 1.1 Merauke
Ignorance is priceless
1.2 Northerns 1.1 Merauke
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 239 guests
