This is why I have a fat skink ><

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Buddy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
Country:
Location: Sweden

This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby Buddy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:35 am

Okay. So I took Buddy out and let him walk around on a blanket on the floor. Thought it would do the fat little guy some good. :whistle:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby LarissaLurid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:44 am

lol! birds tend to mistake flat things for food as well. Once I played a mean trick on my ring-neck dove. I drew a seed mix on paper and he started trying to eat it XD I didn't tease him for long though, I took it away after a second since I just wanted to see if I could fool him.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Rhianimal
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 7:49 am
Country:
Location: Canada

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby Rhianimal » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:59 pm

My skink tries to eat his digital thermometer sometimes. He can't come close to swallowing it. I have put it out of his reach now. Everything is food to a skink.
User avatar
justyna.ewa
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby justyna.ewa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:00 pm

so cute XD
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby LarissaLurid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Rhianimal wrote:My skink tries to eat his digital thermometer sometimes. He can't come close to swallowing it. I have put it out of his reach now. Everything is food to a skink.



XD wow that's random, my skink, extreme tegu, and all my other lizards and snakes never have even paid attention to their thermometer probes lol
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby Rani-May » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:10 pm

LOL, so very cute. Mine tries to eat shiny things. Has a thing for nail polish or something because he tried eating my nail polish container and then tries to gently eat my fingernails if I have them painted XD
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby LarissaLurid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Rani-May wrote:LOL, so very cute. Mine tries to eat shiny things. Has a thing for nail polish or something because he tried eating my nail polish container and then tries to gently eat my fingernails if I have them painted XD


"Omg are those little berries dangling around for me to eat!?! :hyper: "
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby Rani-May » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:18 pm

LOL, exactly what he would be thinking XD clear nail polish for me I think haha
User avatar
justyna.ewa
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby justyna.ewa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Rani-May wrote:LOL, so very cute. Mine tries to eat shiny things. Has a thing for nail polish or something because he tried eating my nail polish container and then tries to gently eat my fingernails if I have them painted XD

Me too! I thought Igor was just crazy...
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby Rani-May » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:30 pm

justyna.ewa wrote:Me too! I thought Igor was just crazy...


Both crazy XD
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:52 pm

cute
So what's it eating?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby Lea » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 am

Lol, that's a really expressive face! You can tell he really wants to try the white blob!
Lizzie used to chase after my fingers when I'd been feeding snails or mealworms, convinced that because they smelled so yummy that they actually were a food item!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby realis88 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:47 am

hahaaaa... so cute
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: This is why I have a fat skink ><

Postby Richard.C » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm

When im in the outside cage ,my mums red heeler throws his ball in the cage and the blotchies try to eat it,sometimes as many as six at once,balls to big so just gets pushed around

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 196 guests