Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Sarikazam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Etsy finally arrived today from Mel! :D According to the mail lady her box spent the night upside down and they thought that whatever was inside was probably dead :dead:. Encouraging. Anyways gladly she was wrong and baby Etsy came out with lots of huffing and skittering! I think I am going to choose a different name for her, but I always have trouble choosing names so if you have any suggestions feel free to... suggest! Anyways, I know how things go around here so without further ado, pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
ManahShepard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 am
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby ManahShepard » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:41 pm

So beautiful! I'm glad everything was alright!
Taiga - my little mischief maker <3
Marbles - The Mr. Meow <3
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby BruinsEv » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Glad it worked out! Mine got dropped off at work, so unfortunately I just got home with her an hour and a half ago. Those pictures are amazing!!! She seems so much more adventurous than Emma does. Did Etsy seem scared at all ?
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Sarikazam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:54 pm

BruinsEv wrote:Glad it worked out! Mine got dropped off at work, so unfortunately I just got home with her an hour and a half ago. Those pictures are amazing!!! She seems so much more adventurous than Emma does. Did Etsy seem scared at all ?

Oh absolutely :lol:. She is pretty good if I stay in one spot and don't move for a for a while, then she forgets about me and I can move around her (from a distance) without her spazzing out and hiding. But if I put my hand in the terrarium she huffs and crab walks away.

I can't wait to see pictures of your Emma!! :D
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby BruinsEv » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Sarikazam wrote:
BruinsEv wrote:Glad it worked out! Mine got dropped off at work, so unfortunately I just got home with her an hour and a half ago. Those pictures are amazing!!! She seems so much more adventurous than Emma does. Did Etsy seem scared at all ?

Oh absolutely :lol:. She is pretty good if I stay in one spot and don't move for a for a while, then she forgets about me and I can move around her (from a distance) without her spazzing out and hiding. But if I put my hand in the terrarium she huffs and crab walks away.

I can't wait to see pictures of your Emma!! :D


Thank God! I will post pictures shortly, I just made another hide for her out of her cardboard box for the time being. I wasn't anticipating her to be this scared so I will just let her be for a while before I pull out the cam. Such a big tank for such a little baby. haha. Your pictures are amazing though!
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Sarikazam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:18 pm

BruinsEv wrote:
Sarikazam wrote:
BruinsEv wrote:Glad it worked out! Mine got dropped off at work, so unfortunately I just got home with her an hour and a half ago. Those pictures are amazing!!! She seems so much more adventurous than Emma does. Did Etsy seem scared at all ?

Oh absolutely :lol:. She is pretty good if I stay in one spot and don't move for a for a while, then she forgets about me and I can move around her (from a distance) without her spazzing out and hiding. But if I put my hand in the terrarium she huffs and crab walks away.

I can't wait to see pictures of your Emma!! :D


Thank God! I will post pictures shortly, I just made another hide for her out of her cardboard box for the time being. I wasn't anticipating her to be this scared so I will just let her be for a while before I pull out the cam. Such a big tank for such a little baby. haha. Your pictures are amazing though!

I think lots of hides are a good idea, for the first few days they are bound to be scared and skittish :P
My older skink Bruce still hasn't come out from hiding and it has been almost two weeks! But Etsy is out and about and checking everything out. Maybe it is because she is younger... but anyways, I am sure Emma will come around shortly :)
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby bella3 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Great photos. Baby skinks (and all skinks for that matter) are just so darn adorable!
User avatar
Shaggraa
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:49 am
Country:
Location: United States

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Shaggraa » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

I want one
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Sarikazam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Shaggraa wrote:I want one

Well I got this one from Mel (Fatal_S) and I happen to know she has quite a few more stunning babies for sale :whistle:
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
Shaggraa
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:49 am
Country:
Location: United States

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Shaggraa » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Sarikazam wrote:
Shaggraa wrote:I want one

Well I got this one from Mel (Fatal_S) and I happen to know she has quite a few more stunning babies for sale :whistle:


I wish I had room in my apartment for another reptile. :( I don't want people coming over and thinking I'm a freak for having reptiles wall to wall ;)
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby BruinsEv » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Sarikazam wrote:
Shaggraa wrote:I want one

Well I got this one from Mel (Fatal_S) and I happen to know she has quite a few more stunning babies for sale :whistle:


I back this, I just got mine from her today as well!
User avatar
Bowdoin55
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 pm
Country:
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Bowdoin55 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Wow, Etsy is beautiful! Congrats on the new addition.

Nice work, Mel/Fatal S!
BlueGuy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby BlueGuy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm

An amazing looking bts you have there. Glad everything turned out ok since he spent the night upside down.
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Sarikazam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:08 pm

BruinsEv wrote:
Sarikazam wrote:Well I got this one from Mel (Fatal_S) and I happen to know she has quite a few more stunning babies for sale :whistle:


I back this, I just got mine from her today as well!

Hey! When can we expect to see pictures of your new baby?! I am dying to see more pictures of my baby's siblings! :)
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby BruinsEv » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:33 am

Sarikazam wrote:
BruinsEv wrote:
Sarikazam wrote:Well I got this one from Mel (Fatal_S) and I happen to know she has quite a few more stunning babies for sale :whistle:


I back this, I just got mine from her today as well!

Hey! When can we expect to see pictures of your new baby?! I am dying to see more pictures of my baby's siblings! :)



Soon I promise! I haven't had much luck with pictures yet and don't want to irritate/stress her any more Than she is. She is definitely a lot more shy than etsy that's for sure !

I woke up this morning and couldn't find her anywhere. I got nervous so I lifted up both of her hides and she wasn't in either. I found her completely buried in the substrate. It made me so sad tO see her like that!! But hopefully soon with lots of love I will get her exploring and running around!
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Sarikazam » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:22 am

BruinsEv wrote:

Soon I promise! I haven't had much luck with pictures yet and don't want to irritate/stress her any more Than she is. She is definitely a lot more shy than etsy that's for sure !

I woke up this morning and couldn't find her anywhere. I got nervous so I lifted up both of her hides and she wasn't in either. I found her completely buried in the substrate. It made me so sad tO see her like that!! But hopefully soon with lots of love I will get her exploring and running around!


Oh alright I understand that problem, it is the exact thing I am going through with Bruce :P I actually had to bring him out briefly to get pictures since he wouldn't have come out on his own. But that was after a few days already...

It is funny you mentioned that because the exact same thing happened last night with my baby too! I couldn't find her anywhere, even under her hides so I guess she has to be under the substrate and I am really trying to resist digging her out xD
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
BlueGuy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby BlueGuy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:47 pm

How come your baby northern looks so active and all mine does is hide? Just wondering since im a new owner of a N. BTS
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Sarikazam » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 pm

BlueGuy wrote:How come your baby northern looks so active and all mine does is hide? Just wondering since im a new owner of a N. BTS

I think that is just because she was in a new place, and was hungry since she didn't eat for a week. :P
Since last night she has been hiding in the substrate, under a hide. I expect I will be going through a hidden period for a few days until she feels hungry/ bold enough to start coming out again.
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
BlueGuy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby BlueGuy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Sarikazam wrote:
BlueGuy wrote:How come your baby northern looks so active and all mine does is hide? Just wondering since im a new owner of a N. BTS

I think that is just because she was in a new place, and was hungry since she didn't eat for a week. :P
Since last night she has been hiding in the substrate, under a hide. I expect I will be going through a hidden period for a few days until she feels hungry/ bold enough to start coming out again.


Ok. Thank you for replying. I put food in the cage for him and he came out had some then took a drink and went back in his hide. And has pretty stayed there all day i believe.
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Baby Northern arrived! (Picture heavy!)

Postby Sarikazam » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:44 am

BlueGuy wrote:
Ok. Thank you for replying. I put food in the cage for him and he came out had some then took a drink and went back in his hide. And has pretty stayed there all day i believe.


I think that is all you can hope for, for a little while anyways. At least you are seeing him come out and eat and drink! It gets me when you don't see them at all and then you start wondering if they are eating or drinking. Like with my older Merauke, since I got him about two weeks ago I haven't seen him come out on his own yet even to eat or drink. So although I am sure he is fine, I get all paranoid :oops:
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 125 guests