What Type of BTS is this please?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
What Type of BTS is this please?
Hi Everyone
I'm a newbie, and bought this skink today at an expo for my son. The guy said it was a 1 1/2, but didn't tell me what kind of BTS it was. I was hoping someone here could?
Thank you in advance
~Raven =}-<
I'm a newbie, and bought this skink today at an expo for my son. The guy said it was a 1 1/2, but didn't tell me what kind of BTS it was. I was hoping someone here could?
Thank you in advance
~Raven =}-<
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Raven 8}-<
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Looks like an IJ with a wacky attitude
Birds-eye view pictures would help to be sure on ID though.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
-
hurricanejen
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 am
- Country: USA
- Location: San_Diego
- Contact:
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Bahahaha. I second the Irian Jaya, with an extra giggle at the expression in this pic.
I used to be cool.
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
looks almost eastern its head how its looking at the camera, its not from canada is it
i believe you have aquired an ij of some description i reckon,looks like a nice healthy specimen to
i believe you have aquired an ij of some description i reckon,looks like a nice healthy specimen to
- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Thank you very much to all who replied, I appreciate it greatly! Here is a "bird's eye view" picture as requested.
Thank you again!
Thank you again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Raven 8}-<
- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Richard.C wrote:looks almost eastern its head how its looking at the camera, its not from canada is it![]()
i believe you have aquired an ij of some description i reckon,looks like a nice healthy specimen to
Bought in Michigan, USA ...... not sure where it origionally came from though
~Raven 8}-<
- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
hurricanejen wrote:Bahahaha. I second the Irian Jaya, with an extra giggle at the expression in this pic.
LOL, was trying to get the "Blue Tounge" n the pic for my son to show his friends =}-< He/She is quite the charactor and seems pretty sweet and full of personality!
~Raven 8}-<
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Welcome to the forum
I would agree with the ID - just because yours looks just like mine. Is the first BTS that has joined the family?
I would agree with the ID - just because yours looks just like mine. Is the first BTS that has joined the family?
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
skeetersmom wrote:Welcome to the forum![]()
Thank you!!! So glad I found this place ! I've learned so much already!
I would agree with the ID - just because yours looks just like mine. Is the first BTS that has joined the family?
Yep, this is our first BTS. My son & I have been looking for one for quite awhile now and were very lucky to find this one yesterday at the expo! =}-<
~Raven 8}-<
- Alioop
- Loopy De Loop

- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Richard.C wrote:looks almost eastern its head how its looking at the camera, its not from canada is it![]()

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
I know what you mean - as little as a year ago, I didn't know these wonderful animals existed...now totally captivated by them.
I am in Wisconsin - I don't think skinks are as popular or known of in our area - but perhaps that will change soon. I know I have been talking them up - bringing my Skeeter to the local pet shop to show him off (this incouraged at this pet store).
As you already know - there is a lot of info on the care sheet - so if you still have questions - even if it is there and you missed it (I know it too me a couple (alright 4) readings before I had all my questions (at the time) answered you can just post the question...the people are very helpful, and even friendly
I am in Wisconsin - I don't think skinks are as popular or known of in our area - but perhaps that will change soon. I know I have been talking them up - bringing my Skeeter to the local pet shop to show him off (this incouraged at this pet store).
As you already know - there is a lot of info on the care sheet - so if you still have questions - even if it is there and you missed it (I know it too me a couple (alright 4) readings before I had all my questions (at the time) answered you can just post the question...the people are very helpful, and even friendly
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
It looks like it is about to shed. Could you take some pics of its head/neck area after it sheds? Looks a little bit like a merauke. But a picture of the head neck area will help me confirm what it is 
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
I agree with XX (didn't look that close initially) - since this is your first bluey - may I suggest you read up on shedding on the care sheet - really important things to know, even if you have had different reptiles.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Will def. post head and neck shot after shed. I was told it was about to shed when I purchased it. And I will read up on shedding, thank you for the suggestion =}-<
~Raven 8}-<
- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:It looks like it is about to shed. Could you take some pics of its head/neck area after it sheds? Looks a little bit like a merauke. But a picture of the head neck area will help me confirm what it is
Here is Ermac after shed, head and neck as requested......whatcha think? =}-<
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Irian Jaya (Tiliqua sp) 

- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Irian Jaya (Tiliqua sp)
Thank you! Now we know what type it is, and my son finally named it "Ermac"
so hopefully, it's a boy LOL otherwise we will have to change the name to Erma =)-<
~Raven 8}-<
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Beautiful!
Welcome to the forum Ermac and Raven. Love those last head pics.
- Raven9464
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Michigan, USA
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
Thank you Katrina ! I am so glad to have found ya'al !
~Raven 8}-<
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: What Type of BTS is this please?
i definitely agree with IJ. What a cutie! those first pics cracked me up! they have funny personalities 
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 180 guests
