How Charlie walks?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Almostinsane
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:10 am
Country:
Location: Canada, Ontario

How Charlie walks?

Postby Almostinsane » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:41 am

Hi everyone,

I know I don't come here often - but take that as a good sign. :) Charlie and Arden are both doing very well, and we welcomed a Bearded dragon into our clan(Someone we know needed a family to look after her - shes staying permanently though, I believe) and I really can't decide if I like Bearded dragons or blue tongue skinks better. there both such great pets.

Anyways, I came here with a specific question in mind. Charlie has always hurt to handle. I understood because they have nails this was regular and to be honest I'm quite used to it now, but I noticed that she seems to force herself around rather then the wiggle that the other blue tongue skinks do(if that makes any sense)?
I'll use a real life example.
My friend (I believe she goes by Musoke here) has gotten a skink named Jude. shes apparently even fatter then Charlie is and is losing weight.. but when Musoke got a chance to hold Charlie she couldn't believe how she walked. she forces her legs down as hard as she can and drags herself forward, rather then using her entire body. I was just wondering if anyone else has a skink that does this? its quite painful to hold her when your not used to it as if she holds still for awhile she leaves hand imprints from where she was. I don't think its an issue and its pretty hilarious to watch, but I'm just wondering if other skinks do this as well. :)
I can get a video posted to show you what I mean in a little bit, if that would help.

Edit: I just tried to get it on video and I really can`t capture what I mean on video. :S so hopefully someone knows what I`m talking about haha. I suppose it is a very powerful way to walk almost?
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: How Charlie walks?

Postby Susann » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 am

I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what you mean.....
You talk about "walking", but also about it being painfull to you. So, do you mean that she's walking weird on the ground, or just that she pushes, or forces, more when you're holding her?
Because, some of my skinks are definitely more forceful, and hence painful to hold. But they all walk about the same.

(And, oh by the way, we NEVER take not coming here often as a good sign :wink: )
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: How Charlie walks?

Postby Richard.C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 pm

post a vid if u can,im curious to see

weirdest walking blueys ive seen are centralians,they walk with body and tail raised of the ground,kind of like a chameleon,now the odd thing is they are fat looking with tiny legs and tinier feet,so its rather amusing,but they actually do it well,possably an adaptation to lifting body off the ground in there natural habitat to avoid the heat of the substrate
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: How Charlie walks?

Postby Linnea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:55 am

you mean like....he puts down his foot on the skin and then squeezes the foot together as if he was afraid of falling with every step?
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 254 guests