thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby Richard.C » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:03 pm

our 2 year old loves them,scary thought if she ends up worse than me,to her all animals ar oggies,except for lizards and snakes,there all izzies and go sssss ssssssssssss,lol,me figures,get the kids involved if they show interest,can help the situation a bit



is it bad if when we let her choose a toy or 2,she goes for rubber snakes and lizards over teddys and dolls ect
User avatar
anchietae
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
Country:
Location: Western Washington, USA
Contact:

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby anchietae » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Jeff wrote:I wish this was an Issue I could joke about.

:(
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby Jeff » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks Casey! While my wife is definitely not a reptile person, she is a wonderful woman who does her best to tolerate my obsession. I am grateful for that, even if I am limited somewhat in what I can keep.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
anchietae
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
Country:
Location: Western Washington, USA
Contact:

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby anchietae » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Jeff wrote:Thanks Casey! While my wife is definitely not a reptile person, she is a wonderful woman who does her best to tolerate my obsession. I am grateful for that, even if I am limited somewhat in what I can keep.

:)
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby Nae » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Richard.C wrote:is it bad if when we let her choose a toy or 2,she goes for rubber snakes and lizards over teddys and dolls ect


I was like that - I turned out fairly normal I guess? Although supposedly seeing a girl with carefully kept and curly hair, makeup, girly blouses, a skirt and heels with a python on her shoulders is a bit of an odd site, dont understand why though....

:hehe:
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby Katrina » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Jeff wrote:I wish this was an Issue I could joke about.


You have it pretty good though, better than most!

Duncan has figured out that BTS make me happy and a happy partner is a good thing... so I am free to acquire them, the only catch is that I travel a lot for work so he has to look after them when I'm out of town. So I have to keep it reasonable. And, of course, I have to put up with the garage taken over with car projects and other stuff that makes him happy.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby Richard.C » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:08 am

hmmmmm,so lizards and car projects is even worse,i am lucky the misses puts up with me
User avatar
scaredofbees
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:27 am
Country: US
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby scaredofbees » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:09 am

About 12 years ago, I dropped a pinky in the tank with my nastiest tokay gecko and went off to work. A few hours later, I got a frantic phone call from my then-girlfriend that "Scarface" (the tokay gecko) had a baby. She thought it would be eaten, so she put on a welding glove and took the baby out.

This woman did not particularly care for reptiles, really wasn't a fan of a big tropical setup in her living room, obviously wasn't aware of the difference between a baby mouse and hatchling tokay, but still cared enough about me and what I was into to reach her gloved hand into the enclosure of an overly-aggressive tokay and fish out what she thought was it's baby so it wouldn't be eaten. I think it's cute that she thought baby reptiles were born looking like a lot of baby mammals; pink, helpless, and blind.

That's a keeper.

We'll celebrate 9 years of marriage this summer.

A few years back she wanted a dog. I've never had a dog and wasn't particularly fond of the idea of all the maintenance and time and training. But we got one and he's the best friend I've ever had.
0.1 Tiliqua rugosa aspera
User avatar
anchietae
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
Country:
Location: Western Washington, USA
Contact:

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby anchietae » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 am

Yeah, I'd say she's a keeper. One of the best stories I've heard in a long while. Innocent, sweet, and funny. :)
Nice to see you didn't snooze on that. :thumbs:
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: thinking of cutting back on bluetongues

Postby Richard.C » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:02 pm

:D that is awsome,scaredofbees,definatly a keeper

hmmmm,scary nae,my lil one has curls to and dresses girly :doh:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 371 guests