Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
These photos are of an Amelanistic (more commonly, but incorrectly known as albino), and a Snow Indonesian BTS which is an the specimen is both homozygous for amelanism and anerytherism or axanthism.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Wilson
- Gail
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
- Country:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Those are beautiful. I really like the amel.
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
0.1 Indo, Pepper
- WanderingChai
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 627
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Oh my gosh!! I want one!! >__>
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
So these were produced in captivity?
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Jeff wrote:So these were produced in captivity?
Yes, from what I understand they were produced in captivity 10 to 15 years ago, and I am pretty sure they were sold to buyers out of the country. I think possibly japan, but I could be way off with all of this as it has been quite a while.
James Wilson
- anchietae
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Western Washington, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Hi.
You know, of all the animals I've had over the years, these are the ones I regret selling the most. I purchased a group of gigas from a German gentleman in 1998. He contacted me knowing I bred albino Knob-tail Geckos (Nephrurus levis pilbarensis). Initially, he asked me if I was interested in buying an albino BTS. After finding out he produced two babies and two normal looking young, I made him an offer for all the babies and the parents as well as a sibling female to the adult pair.
It's very interesting that one of the albinos looked like a snow (visual amelanistic and visual axanthic) while the other was amelanistic. I should add that one of the sibling babies looked axanthic.
At the time, I had a very full plate breeding the geckos, small varanids, and many python species. After keeping the skinks for about 9 months, I sold them here domestically to a gentleman who wants to remain anonymous. Unfortunately, these animals were never successfully bred. I know, I know...What was I thinking?!
Casey Lazik
http://www.reptilia.com
You know, of all the animals I've had over the years, these are the ones I regret selling the most. I purchased a group of gigas from a German gentleman in 1998. He contacted me knowing I bred albino Knob-tail Geckos (Nephrurus levis pilbarensis). Initially, he asked me if I was interested in buying an albino BTS. After finding out he produced two babies and two normal looking young, I made him an offer for all the babies and the parents as well as a sibling female to the adult pair.
It's very interesting that one of the albinos looked like a snow (visual amelanistic and visual axanthic) while the other was amelanistic. I should add that one of the sibling babies looked axanthic.
At the time, I had a very full plate breeding the geckos, small varanids, and many python species. After keeping the skinks for about 9 months, I sold them here domestically to a gentleman who wants to remain anonymous. Unfortunately, these animals were never successfully bred. I know, I know...What was I thinking?!
Casey Lazik
http://www.reptilia.com
- Kurt
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 629
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
- Country:
- Location: Southern Oregon
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
those are awesome!
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Casey, do you know if any of these animals are still alive? They are pretty amazing specimens. It is a shame they never reproduced.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
-
supersnakeman101
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 pm
- Country:
- Location: columbea sc
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
so cool


united we stand divided we fall
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING !
1.0 merauke
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING !
1.0 merauke
- anchietae
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Western Washington, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
I think a few of the animals have died but the albinos were still alive as of two years ago. I see the man who owns them about once a year and check if he's bred them or wants to sell them back to me.
No such luck.
No such luck.

- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
anchietae wrote:I think a few of the animals have died but the albinos were still alive as of two years ago. I see the man who owns them about once a year and check if he's bred them or wants to sell them back to me.![]()
No such luck.
Casey, it is nice to talk again. It has been a long time. Please let me apologize for forgetting the exact details on these. I just had too many names and stories rattling around in my head. In addition, I hope you did not mind that I shared these with the gang here. I figured it had been some time, and it would be ok. Thanks for joining in and clearing things up for us.
James Wilson
- anchietae
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Western Washington, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Hi James. It's quite alright; no need to apologize.
The world needs to see these skinks! In fact, I checked my computer for more pics of those skinks and the ones you posted were the only ones I had. It's good to be part of this Forum. I've been lurking for awhile but I have Tiliqua fever in a bad way!

Casey
Casey
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
haha,look out casey,it gets worse with time,nice rugosa,s
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
anchietae wrote:Hi James. It's quite alright; no need to apologize.The world needs to see these skinks! In fact, I checked my computer for more pics of those skinks and the ones you posted were the only ones I had. It's good to be part of this Forum. I've been lurking for awhile but I have Tiliqua fever in a bad way! Casey
Thanks again. Much appreciated.
James Wilson
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
anchietae wrote:...I have Tiliqua fever in a bad way!
That's saying something for a gecko guy!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
anchietae wrote: It's good to be part of this Forum. I've been lurking for awhile but I have Tiliqua fever in a bad way!
Wow - welcome!! Amazing animals, both pictures of the past BTS you owned and the reptiles on your website. Those two in the pictures are incredible animals, it is a shame to see BTS like that not reproduce.
- anchietae
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Western Washington, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
That's saying something for a gecko guy!
I know it gets worse! Now I have, what, 5 1/2 to 6 months to wait and see if these breedings have taken?

- anchietae
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Western Washington, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Katrina wrote:
Wow - welcome!! Amazing animals, both pictures of the past BTS you owned and the reptiles on your website. Those two in the pictures are incredible animals, it is a shame to see BTS like that not reproduce.
Thanks.
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
- anchietae
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Western Washington, USA
- Contact:
Re: Amelanistic and Snow Indonesian BTS (T. gigas gigas)
Katrina wrote::lol: Closet skink guy! That made me laugh. Is this your official coming out of the closet?
Well, some of my close friends always knew this about me!
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 165 guests
