Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby Nae » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:41 am

Just a hunch....

Image

Image

DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN BY HOW AWESOME HIS TONGUE IS!!??? Flickety flick flick~

Image

Lol, he isnt so much biting me, but more chewing on me out of confusion as to where the food has gone! I find it hilarious that after all these years of playing with wild shingles, finally I get bitten - And its by this shrimp :lol:!!!

And last but not least, hes FINALLY hidden himself. Hes tucked up tonight right at the back of the hide I made him :love: (The glass is heaps scratched as it is from an ex-reptile rescuer :/ But you never notice it except in photos....)

Image

I just love PlinkoPachinkos idea to make Gifs :D I find them so much neater then both videos and photos often times!
User avatar
NennaMeerkat
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
Country:
Location: Fort Worth Texas

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby NennaMeerkat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 am

So cute! My guy does something similar with tidbits of raw meat that I share with him while I make dinner. Had more than one near miss with the biting. They just get so excited over something delicious they are like an impatient child. Thanks for sharing <3
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby Nae » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 am

Normally hes actually quite careful, I just think the poor bub was confused. "Where did the noms go?" :lol:
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby Alioop » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:48 am

I officially hate you for having the cutest baby skink ever to exist in this universe.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
PlinkoPachinko
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm
Country:
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby PlinkoPachinko » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:59 am

That's so cute how he bit your finger!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
batsam
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby batsam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 pm

hes so small! haha and i definitely love your gifs ! :) his tongue is absolutely adorable :P
User avatar
SFBlueTongue81
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:48 am
Country:
Location: San Francisco

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby SFBlueTongue81 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Very cute!! haha he looks like he just moves right past the strawberry for that yummy looking finger instead!
1 Northern BTS
User avatar
missmacabre
Rat Girl
Rat Girl
Posts: 1023
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am
Country:
Location: New Zealand

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby missmacabre » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:00 pm

He's so little and cute! Love the flicking tongue :cloud9:

Jess <:3 )~
1 male Eastern BTS: Onyxia
1 male Bearded Dragon: Falkor
1 Green and Golden Bell Frog
5 male Rats: Anubis, Ice, Riff Raff, Tobias and Templeton
2 female Budgies: Remy and Emile
1 male Mouse: Archie (aka Mouseman)
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby Kbell31 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Nae you are completely and utterly twitterpated. (Also known as hopelessly in love :love:)
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby Nae » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:31 am

Tell me about it KBell :lol: I almost had a heart attack when I showed one of dads friends who has an interest in reptiles, and he took Zeke off of me! My baby!! Hah!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby Nae » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:10 am

The more I watch the Gifs, the more I realise they've cut out half the video...Then I remembered I had a youtube account

Huzzah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSahkYyH ... tube_gdata
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby critterguy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:13 am

Endless optimism. :lol:
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Something tells me Zeke likes strawberries....

Postby StaceyLeigh » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 am

Oh wow, love the video. So cute to watch the little guy eat. :cloud9: I wish mine were more into fruit.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 291 guests